ANH Ceremonial Princess Leia necklace and bracelet set in real sterling silver( in progress)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

GhostOfThrawn

Oh!! Thank you so much for the photos! I love some old Kalevala Koru jewelry, but.. cost is insane.(
I made few copies of Kalevala jewelry based just on their photos, for example on first photo is original and second - my copy. So people can see my work. Hope, that with this set quality will be same as my copies of other jewelry.
Wow! That is some really nice work!

gingerygrace

Some news - I am in process of making necklace. Here is a quick pic I made today, sorry for bad quality - hope to add tomorrow more here. But, anyway, I am happy for what's coming out. I made my 3d model from scratch - here were lot of help from you, guys( and girls!)

Attachments

• 41d8a5b18c458f1254afe94fe5oz.jpg
    41d8a5b18c458f1254afe94fe5oz.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 38

laellee

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't speak for the necklace, but when I worked up the bangle a couple of years ago, a one-off in solid silver from Shapeways was about $395 US, and rhodium-plated brass (not a durable) was around $290 US.

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't speak for the necklace, but when I worked up the bangle a couple of years ago, a one-off in solid silver from Shapeways was about $395 US, and rhodium-plated brass (not a durable) was around $290 US.
Shapeways since have changed their pricing policy on metal prints drastically a few years ago, unfortunately. Seems like metal laser sintering was not cost effective.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Shapeways since have changed their pricing policy on metal prints drastically a few years ago, unfortunately. Seems like metal laser sintering was not cost effective.
I’ve noticed a huge spike in price differences as well. I think because of the virus, like all other materials they are through the roof

Especially copper and brass I couldn’t believe the prices last week when I went to order parts

They have the plated stuff for 1/4 the price but a lot of this prints requiring some sanding to fit.. and I am afraid of standing off the finish exposing the metal underneath..

gingerygrace

So here we go!
I am still working on this models + on clasp model. Texture will be added at very very end. Don't look at sizes on models - they are not accurate, it's like "test" models.

Attachments

• 4991f088f2f5433f7a9b7cf7a9ry.jpg
    4991f088f2f5433f7a9b7cf7a9ry.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2acea838fcbaa28576902c0723ry.jpg
    2acea838fcbaa28576902c0723ry.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2543185c8f336e283038129c38de.jpg
    2543185c8f336e283038129c38de.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

gingerygrace

I have a question - Does anyone know, how was looking original closure of Carrie Fisher's necklace?
I saw too much versions of closure and stamps and didn't know, what was original

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I have a question - Does anyone know, how was looking original closure of Carrie Fisher's necklace?
I saw too much versions of closure and stamps and didn't know, what was original
I can’t give you a true answer but I feel as though this earlier posting might be correct…

The reason I think so is because I saw a posting of a necklace that was stated to be made in 1970 and it did not have the split panels. So I believe that feature was introduced later. If you read (and assume it is correct), then it seems like they made them that way till 1981. At least that is how I read it. Kay Dee Collection & Costumes - Star Wars Princess Leia Ceremonial Costume

Now if you are seeing other non-split variants, I am out of speculative thoughts.

Also, you remember I said I saw an image of them polishing the raised edges? I found it…
19310896-E7DE-42B7-BB79-74CAE8AF4B8B.jpeg

of course this is a later necklace with the split so you have to speculate on whether they did this back in the 70s too, but I think they did.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.