Angel help: Need a good Wesley Quotation

Joe Campbell

Anybody got a 10 or 15 word quote from Wesley that would be suitable for a cover?
Something that sort of sums up Wesley and his point of view?

This is what I've got so far (Don't like it much...)

"The first lesson a watcher learns is to separate truth from illusion. In the world of magic, it's the hardest thing to do..."

If you find one and I use it, I'll send ya a signed cover...

Thanks,

Russ

Well, are you wanting Wesley as he was on Buffy and the early years of Angel as a bumbling Watcher? Or are you wanting dark, distanced from the group, badass Wes? Also, what exactly is this for? All in all, different quotes to sum him up in different places of his life I feel...

I actually like the quote you have. That's basically Wes. The researcher, looking for facts. Even in the later Angel episodes, he may have been badass, but he was still the researcher.

Here are a few:

Early Watcher Wes:

"Remember the three key words for any Slayer: preparation... preparation... preparation."

"I didn't get this job because of my good looks."

"All right, everyone. Monsters, demons, world in peril?"

"Everybody does seem to be going a bit mad lately. Faith has something of a head-start."

"I'm a Rogue Demon Hunter."

"Butcher an innocent girl, will you? I'm going to thrash you within an inch of your life. And then I'm gonna take that inch."

"As a point of courtesy, I like to get to know my opponents before I engage them in mortal combat. Do, uh, do you have any hobbies?"

"We might try shouting fire...It's not technically a crowded theater."

"These pants tend to chafe one's...legs."

"You know, back in my days as a rogue demon hunter, I once used that very spear to pin down what I thought was a small Rodentius demon. Of course, the poodle's owners weren't very happy."

Dark, badass Wes:

"There's love. There's hope...for some. There's hope that you'll find something worthy...that your life will lead you to some joy...that after everything...you can still be surprised."

"There are things worse than walls. Terrible... and beautiful. If we look at them for too long they will burn right through us. Truths we couldn't bear. Not every day."

"I stabbed you. I should apologize for that. But I'm honestly not sure how. I think it'll just be awkward."

"I don't know what kind of man I am anymore..."

"If you've come to tell me you killed your parents, could it wait until another time?"

"There's obviously not going to be any big swirly hole jumping without a big swirly hole."

"As far as evil plans go, it doesn't suck"

"I've seen a darkness in myself. I'm not sure you'd even begin to understand"

Wesley: “I am from the Watcher's Academy in southern Hampshire. In fact, I happen to be head boy.”
Wesley: “I'm not head boy for nothing"
Wesley: Remember the three key words for any Slayer: preparation... preparation... preparation.

" I've been unreasonable... because I've lost all reason. But I shouldn't be taking it out on you. "

" You knew who was responsible and you didn't say anything. You let her die. I'm less forgiving about that."

"I had my throat cut and all my friends abandoned me."

"99.999 ad infinitum percent of the best relationships in the recorded history of the world have had to make do with acceptable happiness."

Wow, very cool. I'm glad that you are using that one, it was actually my favorite of the lot for a comic cover. I'll email you my address, I look forward to getting the signed cover and having a copy of your amazing art.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back