Angel borrowing Vader's stuff?

Bluewolf

While watching the fourth episode (Hell Bound; 39m 17s) of season five of Angel I noticed this little part. I recognized it as a part used on Vader's belt. Question is; is it a found part, or is Joss' team finding one more way to put Star Wars into the show?

Angel.jpg

Originally posted by Bluewolf@Jan 31 2006, 09:11 AM
While watching the fourth episode (Hell Bound; 39m 17s) of season five of Angel I noticed this little part.  I recognized it as a part used on Vader's belt.  Question is; is it a found part, or is Joss' team finding one more way to put Star Wars into the show?

Angel.jpg

[snapback]1172457[/snapback]​
I don't know about the answer to he question but well spotted man :thumbsup

That's GOT to be a homage to SW. As far as I know, the buckle is / was a machined part rather than a real-world 'found' item.

Well spotted.

I seem to recall a similar thread here just last year. It certainly wasn't news to me and I'm not a Vader costumer and I have never seen a single episode of Buffy and its ilk.

If I recall that discussion it was another nod to the SW franchise by Joss Whedon, and the likely supplier of the buckle was identified based on some of the tells.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back