Andor TV Series (Cassian Andor Costume)

Zeuqzalev101

Trying to figure out the costume used for Andor’s costume. Seems like a lot of new, unique pieces.

The pictures are from Vanity Fair’s photo shoot and BTS video.

954EA38A-3C97-4545-99AE-EFF483AB1FA2.png

F0959E83-A6A8-4D56-B58B-5942CE2F747B.png

I think zippers are permissible in Star Wars if we can't see that they are zippers: we can't see the teeth and there are no sliders visible. The fleece sweater might therefore pass, like Luke's flight suit in ESB.

The shoes though: definitely not.

A few BTS shots.

Attachments

• AND-BTS-N13.jpg
    AND-BTS-N13.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 209
  • AND-BTS-N12.jpg
    AND-BTS-N12.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 214
  • AND-BTS-N11.jpg
    AND-BTS-N11.jpg
    637.7 KB · Views: 210
  • AND-BTS-N10.jpg
    AND-BTS-N10.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 192
Yeah youre right. Personally I feel it resembles such a casual coat, so it throws me off a bit. Although I gotta say I’m liking the Blade Runner vibes I’m getting from it.
Thinking the same thing about the Blade Runner look. I'm 'OK" with zippers as long as it doesn't detract too much from the overall look/feel. But if it becomes the norm based on straight up apathy to the SW universe "bible" or because of cost factors, any new projects will be interesting...

Both the shoes and fleece in the top photo have visible zips. You can see it clearly at the collar.
That’s not a zipper at the top of the fleece, it’s the stitching of the edging.

The boots, yes. For me, I think it is important to not reveal a a zipper pull. Can’t explain why. I guess because I feel they can have something like zippers, but better.

I think part of having visible buttons or zippers boils down to the screen time and prominence of the costume. If I’m not mistaken, there are a number of rebels wearing a uniform with buttons at the end of ANH, but you can hardly see them and they’re in the film for two seconds, so it’s not a big deal. Andor, on the other hand—he’s literally the eponymous hero of the show. Screen time and focus should be on the character the show is named after (not always, as is the case with BOBF and Kenobi, for some reason). So, a very obvious Eddie Bauer fleece jacket (just as an example) with a prominent zipper I think would be a no-no.

Anyone notice the Sterling “pistol” sidearm carried by the trooper? Always thought the idea of a pistol Sterling was cool. I’ve seen several iterations on Pinterest, Deviant Art, etc. and thought it would make a neat complement to the SE-14r. Like a P-38 along side the C96. Tempted to build one of those from an Airsoft.

3E201E14-B080-4112-8A54-FDC5297C6863.jpeg

The blaster is like an intermediate step between a E-11 and a DH-17, but it lacks any scope rail.

Weird that it has only half of a folding stock: the front and the back — but not the middle.
Edit: I had interpreted the image wrong. That is a black mag in a tan magwell obscuring the folding stock.
I had been fooled by the mag being dark like the trousers, and the contour of the part on the top of the magwell reminding me of the depression on the left side of a DH-17. Doh!

Last edited:
I had to dig around but found the iteration, from RPF member Coz, that I was thinking of.

As to the half stock, maybe it’s a fold down front grip to accommodate two handed firing, like a lot of automatic pistols have. I’m not sure I ever subscribed to the idea that the stock on the E11 was a…well a stock.

Attachments

• 3E264CD3-B95D-44BD-A306-3898E9F4DF68.jpeg
    3E264CD3-B95D-44BD-A306-3898E9F4DF68.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 115
  • D0561B65-1D6B-4667-9880-BE8E77CBE6E3.jpeg
    D0561B65-1D6B-4667-9880-BE8E77CBE6E3.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 128
The blaster is like an intermediate step between a E-11 and a DH-17, but it lacks any scope rail.
Weird that it has only half of a folding stock: the front and the back — but not the middle.
I'm surprised they haven't adapted them to be folding grips. Something like that with a double rail pull out stock would make for a pretty accurate and compact blaster.

Anyone notice the Sterling “pistol” sidearm carried by the trooper? Always thought the idea of a pistol Sterling was cool. I’ve seen several iterations on Pinterest, Deviant Art, etc. and thought it would make a neat complement to the SE-14r. Like a P-38 along side the C96. Tempted to build one of those from an Airsoft.

View attachment 1598523

It might just be convergent evolution, but that looks an awful lot like a real-world Sterling Mark 7-C4 pistol:

sterling-armament-ltd-mk-7-c4-pistol-9-mm

(Image from: https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/49/891/sterling-armament-ltd-mk-7-c4-pistol-9-mm )

Or possibly the original Mk.7 "para pistol," but poking at it a little here I'm getting the impression the Mk7s were all converted to the civilian "C4" standard.

The shoretrooper weapon does seem to have the folding stock added, and possibly the buffer tube for the recoil spring shortened, but everything forward of the trigger sure looks like the Mk.7 to me.[/img]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back