Andor - Aldhani Rebel Cell Old Navigation Tool identified - Spoiler Alert

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
I do believe that It is a Polaroid SX-70 like the one I attached. The moment I saw this prop, I loved it.

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_064605.jpg
    IMG_20221005_064605.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 312
  • 71YBp4i0iKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71YBp4i0iKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 292
I am trying to score one locally, but I am worried about cartridge supply price.
there is a manufacturer that took over one production line of the original manufacturer and later the brand name, too.

Sure Kevin has one in time bandits. I've got one, fun to use, the old Polaroids are ace. Got a great picture of my lad sitting at the wheel of our T2 VW taken from it. Looks great on polaroid looks like he was right there in the 70s.

I still have the SX-70 I used to supply the viewfinder needed for my Fett helmet. It’s pretty tired looking but that’d probably look quite good if someone wanted to recreate this new Andor prop…

I’ll have to list it in the Junkyard soon, as it’s just been taking up space. Not exactly the same model though perhaps…

6EF6E3BC-EFAB-4141-9941-030A45C3E800.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine arrived on Saturday...

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_154626.jpg
    IMG_20221008_154626.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 121
Are we quite certain it's the SX-70 Sonar? That's an awful lot of modification to the front to make it look like some other vaguely polaroid-esque device. Could it be a polaroid knockoff?

Attachments

• andor001.jpg
    andor001.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 234
  • andor002.jpg
    andor002.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 229
a polaroid knock-off? from a SX-70. I am not a Polaroid expert, but I see what I see, a SX-70 sonar "covered" with a lot of greebles. Even from the image you posted, you can see the rounded grille from the Sonar. Just right there.

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_064605.jpg
    IMG_20221005_064605.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 138
Looks like the prop masters modified that baby to make sure that : 1) Polaroid doesn't give them trouble and 2) made sure it's looking "SW" enough with the mods.;)

Looks like the prop masters modified that baby to make sure that : 1) Polaroid doesn't give them trouble and 2) made sure it's looking "SW" enough with the mods.;)
That's the part that's really messing with me: If my job was to modify a polaroid to make it look less like a polaroid, why would I replace the lens block with something that looks like ... a polaroid slot? With a square light and a little speaker grille? And the angle of the slope of the sonar block on top doesn't match in profile -- Feels like weirdly subtle stuff to modify alongside drastic greeblies.

That's the part that's really messing with me: If my job was to modify a polaroid to make it look less like a polaroid, why would I replace the lens block with something that looks like ... a polaroid slot? With a square light and a little speaker grille? And the angle of the slope of the sonar block on top doesn't match in profile -- Feels like weirdly subtle stuff to modify alongside drastic greeblies.
It seems like the upper sonar part was transformed using another type of box cutting the sonar piece at the top + bottom. Little block greeblies on each side of the sonar + a round part protruding at the right hand side ( when facing the camera on the pic) and a slot with some sort of an "adapter" and a small button on the side.
The bottom part was heavily transformed with that slotted construction that really hides the lens, the shutter and the light meter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back