And the BEST Western of all time is...

I came this " " close to being cast in Tombstone. It is still my favorite. I worked, as a kid, on The Searchers, and later in life on crew on the War Wagon, so I have a special place in my heart for those Westerns. As stated above, there are so many sub-genres within the Western film that it is hard to pick just one. I once did a comparison between Leone and Kurosawa for a film class. Samurai films are the westerns of Japan.
Hey great to hear you did those movies..I love Duke films and do western reenactment in the UK..I know War wagon cos that's when Wayne first got his Catalin grips sixgun..I would love to start a western thread, I also collect all things Western..my True Grit set to get things going ..

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1543943064000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1543943064000.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 121
Quote(simiouno): Hey great to hear you did those movies..I love Duke films and do western reenactment in the UK..I know War wagon cos that's when Wayne first got his Catalin grips sixgun..I would love to start a western thread, I also collect all things Western..my True Grit set to get things going .. End Quote

In 2000 I was in England doing Wild West Shows and we visited the Laredo Western Town. Quite a place. Have you been there?

Quote(simiouno): Hey great to hear you did those movies..I love Duke films and do western reenactment in the UK..I know War wagon cos that's when Wayne first got his Catalin grips sixgun..I would love to start a western thread, I also collect all things Western..my True Grit set to get things going .. End Quote

In 2000 I was in England doing Wild West Shows and we visited the Laredo Western Town. Quite a place. Have you been there?
Not yet , but it's a great place and took a lot of hard work..there's not many places here for westerners but there's also a little town called Deadwood..I just picked up a Uberti 60 Army & ASM Navy also a sweet little side lever 410 D/B hammer shotgun..now I'm all set for the new season..Great to find a fellow wild west Pard ..

The Magnificent Seven
The Good , The Bad and The Ugly
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Dances with Wolves
Silverado and Open Range ..., in that particular order :love:

For a few dollars more, trumps them for me. The good the bad and the ugly is awesome but falls into a respectable second place

No love for The Cowboys? Whenever that is on tv, that is where my channel surfing stops. Never get tired of it.
The Cowboys was probably the first western I remember watching. It was that movie that made me a fan of Bruce Dern. And it's unique in the fact that it's one of, possibly the only, John Wayne film where he dies.

But... I don't think it held up. I loved it as a kid, but don't enjoy it as much now.

I have so many westerns I consider truly great films: My Darling Clementine, The Searchers, The Wild Bunch ... but in the end if I could only pick one film it would be a spaghetti western called, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back