....and another Warehouse13 Claudia tesla.

Zombie Killer

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just finished up this project with Brundelfly!! What a cool little prop. I have a ton of build pics i took and will post them up as soon as my internet stops being intermittent. I put a flickering circuit using a 555 SMD chip in the grip along with a couple cr2032s and the trigger is the switch.

A.jpg
B .jpg
C.jpg
D.jpg
E.jpg

Here is the original prop

1.jpg
4.jpg

Forgot to post build pics. Not going to go into too much detail as pics should be self explanatory. Rear tube i used was a JAN 6AL5 tube. The only ones i found to be 100% correct are 1952 date ish. Early had cleanly cut plate ends and later are slightly longer and bent at a 90degree. Newer can be bent in to look like early though. Camera for the dials is the Sankyo 8R 8mm camera. Hard to find without spending $150-250. I am selling my camera sans dials on Ebay for $100 so we'll see how much i can recoup from the lenses and left over cam parts. Gun is a casting of the Maxtact 6mm BB derringer (thanks Frank!). i did need to make the grip section of the gun smaller to match the prop and i also made the grips a little smaller to match and added the lip around the edge of them since the Maxtacts dont have the lip like factory Remington grips. I did buy some original white grips but because real ones are not solid all the way through they really didnt work and didnt have the correct lip . In the end the solid cast ones were better. All brass i made on the mill/lathe and filed to shape. I made 2 of everything since this was a collaborative project. Used a tiny switch in the trigger and a 555 SMD timer chip circuit for the LEDs flicker ciircuit and thats about it.

Disassembly of camera

cam1.jpg
cam2.jpg
disc1a.jpg
disc1b.jpg
disc1c.JPG
disc1d.JPG
sankyo screws step 1.jpg
Sankyo door step 3.jpg

knob mod.jpg
knob mod2.jpg
knob mod4.jpg
knob mod5.jpg
knob mod6.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back