Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

This is amazing! You're an inspiration man. How did you manage to lock the emitter to the body?

Freaking incredible, Scotchlite film or fabric? Looking like a true jedi

Halliwax has had this for quite a while for sure. I know he really likes to keep things close to his chest to make sure they're done right before announcing anything. It's actually one of the things I respect most about him. A lot of times we get so eager to be first or throw out new information and sometimes that ends up biting us in the butt if it turns out to be wrong or not a viable solution, as many members will follow suit, purchase materials and end up paying for the same mistakes. He likes to take a more calculated approach, building prototypes, making the mistakes, learning from them, perfecting it, etc. all the while keeping his mouth shut so as not to leak any potentially bad info. But then when he gets it all nailed down, Whoo Boy is it delicious! lol I can't wait for a full run-down of parts, how he built it, troubles he ran into, the whole nine yards.
I'll say it again. Excellent work amigo.

on March 31st, 2019 I completed a goal I've had for a very long time. I've been dreaming of this since 2015 when Anakin "Dan" Starkiller did his first run of V2's. The internals of his first generation was very tight, now knowing what I know I think it still can be done on his older runs. But when I saw the room inside his new generation I knew it could now be done.

I needed to learn how to 3d Print, Trooper Trent walked me through many tutorials via video chats and i got a basic grasp. I ordered a printer and figured I'd never get it to work lol

I now had the tools, enough knowledge to be dangerous, and a Trooper Trent if i had questions. but i'm not a electronics expert. I fried my first motor setup, only to realize when taking it apart i forgot to heat shrink 1 wire..

I wanted to put a speed controller in it so the Hilt could be used on anyones cell phone, each phones camera has a different frame rate, shutter speed (im no expert in that field either, but only know from my experience with this hilt)

So i road out to a RC hobby shop next to my bothers shop. Those guys taught me A LOT!! they hooked me up with some parts and i began experimenting. I would still be struggling with motors if it wasn't for them.

but before I learned about PWM (pulse width modulators) or simply put, speed controllers. i would take a black strip on the blade and make it wider or shorter for different cameras i used.

but now with the speed controller you can dial it in to any camera with just 1 single pin stripe on the blade

i tried 14 different combinations of motors and controllers and finally dialed it in where i like..

So if I had a working prototype Jan 15th, and the hilt completed and working on March 30th. why did it take me until today to reveal it?

well i wanted to surprise everyone... I have a friend who is a professional model and dance choreographer. I work with her on a lot of projects, she agreed to be my model in the video. But while she was choreographer in California she was hired by a BIG star there (i can't go into detail because she's under a NDA, but she's choreographed for Brittney spears, justin bieber, in the past to name a few) this new connection now has her flying out every week to teach his dancers, while she was in cali her connection hooked her up with ANOTHER Star (this guys from the 80s big baggy pants lol ), and he hired her to teach his team in Florida.

so the last 6 weeks she has been flying all over the country, balancing a full time job, and going to school.. your schedules never could meet. So now you get to look at my ugly mug..

Just want to thank everyone who's helped me get here, i really appreciate it. I am starting on a new job site Monday, biggest job i've ever done, so im going to be missing in action the next couple of weeks. wont be living on therpf like i use to. So if i take awhile to respond you understand

thanks for everything

-Halliwax

You did an amazing job! I'm really proud that you used my kit for the base.
Knocked it out of the park!

Amazing!

I've always wondered if the strobe effect was matched or otherwise interacted with the shutter angle and frame rate if a film camera vs a digital video capture.

giphy.gif

I first have to apologize for this late reply. I suffered a back injury Friday afternoon. Luckily for me my uncle is a chiropractor. I went to him and he readjusted me. I was given strict instructions to lay on the flat floor with my legs elevated and do NOTHING

Well Saturday was 67 degrees and I had to finish some painting. My back was hurt but nothing I couldn’t handle. I worked in the shed Saturday morning, and bent over to pick up a rustoluem cap.. and fell to the ground crippled in pain

I crawled back into the house and there I stayed until my uncle came over to check me out. I’ve literally been asleep all weekend and starting to feel better now

Laying on the ground I couldn’t raise my arms for long because of back pain. so typing on anything wasn’t going to happen..

So lesson learned!!

I have to thank everyone for all the kind comments! I never thought the legend would grab this kind of attention. It’s very overwhelming, a ton of questions and messages I have to catch up on

I just have to say seriously thank you, I’ve mentioned this before where I don’t have many in real life friends, and consider everyone here a friend of mine. So seeing all this support is a incredible feeling, words can’t describe

I’ve been working on this the last 4 years, now that it’s completed I kinda feel lost. Like this has been on my mind every day, now what’s next? ... I don’t know..

What I do know is that I’m thankful for all of you!!

******* beautiful

Also, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I get chronic muscle spasms in my neck that render me immobile and it's terrifying. The last one for me was on Saturday last week, probably egged on by stress, and only on Friday was I able to turn my head without triggering anything.

I'm mad at you for trying to paint, but I'm very glad you have someone to look at you and that you are taking care of yourself.

Some inner working pictures

Pommel Cup - Speed controller hidden in pommel, in protective “cup”

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8596.jpg

Motor Mount
IMG_8957.jpg

Roller Bearing plate installed up the grenade with 8mm Drive shaft
IMG_8600.jpg

Funny story I was talking with Trent way back and telling him I need to find a bearing with a 8mm center hole. While we were video chatting he was like “wait a minute” I swear to god he pulls open the drawer right in front of him, pulls out this random bearing he has in the draw, throws the mic’s on it and throws his hands up in the air “right here man!!” lol big thanks to Trent for this bearing!! And it’s a funny story too, what were the chances of that
IMG_8599.jpg

more prototype pieces
IMG_8944.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

******* beautiful

Also, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I get chronic muscle spasms in my neck that render me immobile and it's terrifying. The last one for me was on Saturday last week, probably egged on by stress, and only on Friday was I able to turn my head without triggering anything.

I'm mad at you for trying to paint, but I'm very glad you have someone to look at you and that you are taking care of yourself.

Oh man that doesn’t sound good... It sure isn’t fun.. I am kinda glad it is this and not kidney stones. My father has serious stone problems and a few days ago when I got that sharp little pain I thought “oh boy please don’t be a stone” that’s my biggest fear

I’ve slept all weekend now I’ll but up the next 3 days lol

Brilliant. That’s one of the things which later films didn’t quite get right with the saber effects—the strobing effect of both the rotating blade and the imperfect, hand-animated beam superimposed over it. That strobing/flickering gives the sabers much more character than the perfectly-stable, digitally-animated blades of later films.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back