Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

I finally have gotten the clamp drilled and the grub screws installed with white lithium grease. I kinda like the stainless 3.0mm windvane set screw sticking out like a sore thumb.

I recommend filing the inside of the clamp until the burrs from the drilling are completely removed. It will affect the fit.

I'll try to cut the nipple bung in half and weather/paint on another date. I broke the Graflex clamp washer adjusting the tightness of the clamp card fit. The TGS washer supplied with it can't take much extra pressure.View attachment 982170View attachment 982171View attachment 982172View attachment 982173View attachment 982174

Very nice!!

Don’t drill holes into your kids sippy cup! That’s just a mess waiting to happen! ;)
Thank goodness I didn't pilot hole the sippy cup for counter-sink practice! It's still alive and in-tact!

Got the upstairs flooring done however. On to the weathering and painting! I can't wait to see you're take on your personal V3, Halliwax. I hope yours will be similar to Alley's beautiful V3. That's kinda the route I wanna go as well.

Once I'm done with that, I'll try the V2 in it's beautiful, damaged, weathered glory with a trooper Trent stencil job.

I put some tape on the clamp to see what it would look like, now I'm trying to replicate the numbering from the NASA photo.

32034434657_752625460c_b.jpg

Thank goodness I didn't pilot hole the sippy cup for counter-sink practice! It's still alive and in-tact!

Got the upstairs flooring done however. On to the weathering and painting! I can't wait to see you're take on your personal V3, Halliwax. I hope yours will be similar to Alley's beautiful V3. That's kinda the route I wanna go as well.

Once I'm done with that, I'll try the V2 in it's beautiful, damaged, weathered glory with a trooper Trent stencil job.

Floors looks good! Yes my personal v3 I’m gonna try and make my own emitter. My mini lathe is difficult though.. I need to invest in a better tool post..

I’ll be going ROTJ Status v3, I discovered a few things I need to change on the it. I’ll document everything and post it here

My V2 master thread will be done this week. I got 1 more video to make about aging the gaffers tape and installing fishing line and it’s done.. starting a holiday special build with video guide next. That is a much easier challenge, and with TrooperTrent’s kit I should be able to bang this out in a single weekend..

I almost attempted to clear coat today.. highest temp was 37... but I chickened out..

For the record, when going for the ROTJ accuracy... I don’t know if I wouldn’t drill the holes like I did in the tutorial...

With all the reference we have now I don’t see the holes in the emitter or windvane... I think those screws were added very last minute.. don’t really know though..

I think the v3 has 3mm screws under the emitter plate just like the v2

I did a little work to my Spirit of Obi-Wan V3 last week, it's funny, I also added the inventory number! Also swapped out my custom brass clamp card for a spare ESB Luke version just to see what it'd look like.

Oh, I tweaked a few of the grip rings on the lathe and tried a different color on the windvane, too. I don't like it, so I'll be going back to a more copper color.
0206191502.jpg
0206191502a.jpg
0206191503.jpg
0206191503a.jpg
0206191504.jpg
0206191504a.jpg

Shoot, forgot to add a couple pics of the hilt that this thread is actually the subject of!! I finally started working on my builder's kit, these are very preliminary pics, you can tell, because they weren't taken on my picture-takin'-stump.

All I've really done so far is a few passes of aluminum black, mark/drill/tap the holes for the knob and chunk, and make myself a mystery chunk, with the checkering rotated 45 degrees.

Haven't even begun the stencils, I don't know why I find that so daunting a task, with everything else I've done, but I do!
0216191029.jpg
0216191029.jpg
0216191026.jpg
0216191027.jpg
0216191028.jpg

Attachments

• 0216191030.jpg
    0216191030.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Oh yeah, I remember where I left off last night.

I was gonna stamp the circle in the pommel, but held off. Halliwax, I remember you said that Dan used a 3/8-16 set screw in that video, where you use the bolt.

I used the bolt on my older V2, and yeah, it worked just fine, but I've got several 3/8-16 set screws here, and the diameter of the bottom tip is much smaller than the bolt's (more like 4.5mm), so I guess I need to see pics of the real thing to judge which to use to stamp the circle.

Here we go...
Schermafbeelding 2017-11-07 om 18.51.30_zpsrtn4ttix~2.png

Looks pretty big, guess I'll go with the bolt.

The bolt I used matched the size of the milling circle on Starkillers FX build. So I went with the bolt

The v3 doesn’t have a milling circle, it does have a few milling half moons though

Oh yeah, I remember where I left off last night.

I was gonna stamp the circle in the pommel, but held off. Halliwax, I remember you said that Dan used a 3/8-16 set screw in that video, where you use the bolt.

I used the bolt on my older V2, and yeah, it worked just fine, but I've got several 3/8-16 set screws here, and the diameter of the bottom tip is much smaller than the bolt's (more like 4.5mm), so I guess I need to see pics of the real thing to judge which to use to stamp the circle.

Here we go...View attachment 990153
Looks pretty big, guess I'll go with the bolt.

Dann you don’t happen to have that size picture of the pommel but with the mystery chunk in frame do ya? That’s the clearest I’ve ever seen of that pic

Would love one full size

Don't think so, I'll look.

The pic I posted was one that I pulled off here somewhere, I just upped the "POP" slider while editing the pic on my phone, before posting it.

But I'll go through the pics I've got. I downloaded them all from various threads here, though.

Hahaha, that was a funny couple of posts!

So is the circle a little off center? I mean, I know it's 11.2mm down from the top edge, but, between the cubes, looks a little further to the left, if you're holding the thing (lightsaber) business end up.

Or perhaps it's just that little extra curved line on the outside that gives the impression of the "impression" being off center..

It also looks like somebody took some jagged toothed (non smooth-jawed) pliers to the pommel at some point down the line. The edge of that cube looks like it done got bit by some metal-jawed metally-steeled creature of some-kind'r'nuther! I'm sure that's not any news to anyone.

Last edited:
That’s the problem dann. It’s like for a extra swirl on the side making it look like it’s hugging one side

My eyes see the main circle centered or close to center and the outer “half halo” hugging the cube side

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back