Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

Do you know the exact placement of the 3 holes in the Graflex clamp? I wonder if trooper Trent could supply another paper template for this? I got a beautiful Graflex stamped clamp from The Graflex Shop that needs to be modified. I already flipped it upside-down for the install.

Sorry I was working with trent tonight on this. I ran into a family “issue” everything is fine now, but I didn’t get all the way done and haven’t gone over everything with trent yet.

I’m hoping to hook up with him tomorrow to bounce some ideas off him, he’s got a knack for simplifying and perfecting my ideas

He’s also got computer skills I can only dream of

So it’s not trents fault for the delay but mine

So before you go drilling holes you may want to check out the patterns first.

Here’s a little sample I what I did before I had to run out

f4873d836119d8f437422967a62d1571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great!Has Trent made new stencils?I still have a V2 kit but I think with the first stencil version.

Sorry I was working with trent tonight on this. I ran into a family “issue” everything is fine now, but I didn’t get all the way done and haven’t gone over everything with trent yet.

I’m hoping to hook up with him tomorrow to bounce some ideas off him, he’s got a knack for simplifying and perfecting my ideas

He’s also got computer skills I can only dream of

So it’s not trents fault for the delay but mine

So before you go drilling holes you may want to check out the patterns first.

Here’s a little sample I what I did before I had to run out

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181006/f4873d836119d8f437422967a62d1571.jpg

I love this template already. No need to apologize, you have a life-too! I got a slothfurnace otis card for the clamp and it looks great. The template is gonna make a nice standard for others that got TGS clamps like me. I'll report back if there's any size problems. The V2-V3 grub screw templates printed great from photoshop.

Are you gonna paint the thin neck before the emitter a bronze or copper color? Hopefully none of us molest our hilts with metallic tape!

Thanks again!

I have a V2 kit...are these stencils also better for the V2 or only for V3?

Send me a message and a picture of the stencils you have. I recently completely redesigned the stencils with much more accurate details and more parts. You can also find my project run for them in the appropriate section by searching for "stencil"

- - - Updated - - -

I love this template already. No need to apologize, you have a life-too! I got a slothfurnace otis card for the clamp and it looks great. The template is gonna make a nice standard for others that got TGS clamps like me. I'll report back if there's any size problems. The V2-V3 grub screw templates printed great from photoshop.

Are you gonna paint the thin neck before the emitter a bronze or copper color? Hopefully none of us molest our hilts with metallic tape!

Thanks again!

Sorry man, I got your messages. I'm not ignoring you, just very busy at work this week. I'll get with Danny as soon as we both have some down time and work something up for you.

Sorry man, I got your messages. I'm not ignoring you, just very busy at work this week. I'll get with Danny as soon as we both have some down time and work something up for you.
I'm glad you're taking the time to do this. I appreciate Halliwax and your efforts on making this easier for us. Thanks again for your time and sharing your abilities with us.

Trent and I talked today, came up with a plan. Will have them very soon, hold tight guys! It’s worth the wait I promise!

Dented the builders kit emitter today. Very different animal compared to the FX kit

Machined up a quick adapter to protect the threads
1e95d20f272e597edccf424a0bb6b86f.jpg

A lot more heat was required, did my “halo” around the emitter, then had to do each dent 1 at a time. Usually I can dent them all in 1 pass of heat.

Not with this beefy emitter

But end result came out great!!

efff5f065f2453f563e5abafb0a28186.jpg

Updates

- 10/8/18 Added TrooperTrent's V3 Clamp template to post #1,2,3 & 4​

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work halliwax, the only issue I am having is turning the mystery chunk's shaft down in diameter with sandpaper or files and my drill. I feel like it's hardly doing anything at all to the diameter.

Great work halliwax, the only issue I am having is turning the mystery chunk's shaft down in diameter with sandpaper or files and my drill. I feel like it's hardly doing anything at all to the diameter.

Takes a long long time, turn the drill slowly, and push the file up into it

Be sure to clean the file out

The leather tool is steel so it will take some time to turn down

Keep at it!

I got the V3 template on my TGS clamp! The clamp is a little wider than most, but it lines up perfectly with the hole when placing a little extra template on the right(?) side. Now I just need a little bit of handrail to center punch, pilot, and finish. I'm gonna get one of those stepping drill bits. Thanks to Trooper_Trent and Halliwax. I also got the inward tabs ground off with my dremel.
Graflex Left V3.jpgGraflex Middle V3.jpgGraflex Right V3.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! So now we know it fits a vintage, romans, and TGS perfectly!!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Got the center punches and templates off now. Drill and tap time! I have stainless grub screws. Is that a problem? I like Halliwax's black grub screws. Are they supposed to be aluminum like the hilt?

Got the center punches and templates off now. Drill and tap time! I have stainless grub screws. Is that a problem? I like Halliwax's black grub screws. Are they supposed to be aluminum like the hilt?

I went with black oxidize finish, it looks as though that’s what the v3 has. The v2 defiantly has them

Don’t forget stainless and aluminum don’t like each other. Grease them, or they may bond to each other. Stripping these small 1.5mm sockets is fairly easy

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back