Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

OK, Miron Kovatsis very much interested in designing one.... we just need the specs. I've FB messaged Daniel David for them but if anyone know them please pop them over to me. Once I have them I'll get some prices from him and an ETA and share ASAP.
received_502417106961490.jpeg

I am in the process of machining a “plug” that will fill the inside.

Then hollowing out the plug a little, I got some PMs about making a chassis and that’s not the case and my post could be miss leading

I plan on making a plug to weigh down the FX when done

Is there any evidence photo wise as to whether the rust in the grenade section was present during filming of rotj or is it something that’s happened in storage since...any opinions?

I weighed my hilt down with a 5/16" steel rod running the length of the hilt, and slid various scraps of steel and aluminum over it, then secured everything with set screws.

One could grab some drill stops at the hardware store and use those to secure things to the rod, since they've already got set screws in them.

Just throwing options out there for folks who don't have the means to machine a perfect solid plug to fit all snug inside.

I DO have the means to machine such a plug, or plugs, but the solution I ended up using was far less time consuming.

I weighed my hilt down with a 5/16" steel rod running the length of the hilt, and slid various scraps of steel and aluminum over it, then secured everything with set screws.

One could grab some drill stops at the hardware store and use those to secure things to the rod, since they've already got set screws in them.
I had planned to do this with mine (even have the rod already), but with a new Roman's V2 that's apparently going to be pretty hefty coming, I might just get that instead.

My wallet is already crying out in protest, lol

Good point lol
Surely it must of been there after filming. Doubt it was kept in the ol’ tool shed

I am pretty sure it walked off the set at the end of filming.. and pretty sure I know the owner that had it before Brandon

If it IS the guy I think it is, he has a pretty big collection of RoTJ props.. and he had them on display in his office

I honestly think the dirt and grim were in there at the time of RoTJ filming, because of seeing how this guy displays all his other props I find it hard to believe it got the dirt and grime that way (displayed in his office)

Again this is all IF it’s the guy I think it is..

The V2 possibly got the dirt and grim from traveling with all the other stunts, it’s possibly used as a practice stunt vs dagobah cave Vader too.. and we know that set was real “mucky”

But that’s what makes this hobby fun, the educating guesses and photo analysis

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back