Anakin Starkiller’s Darth Maul Assembly Tutorial Thread

TCSS used to carry them, they probably still do. They'll also have options for machined wheels, that'll hug the hilt (less accurate, of course, but some folks really like that option), and they did have the belt clips, as well.

Changed my BD half today. I wasnt happy with what I did on the end so just put a blinking cap on for now. I like a weathered effect but might need to tone it down a little

20190530_221039.jpg20190530_221342.jpg20190530_221405.jpg

Attachments

• 20190530_221441.jpg
    20190530_221441.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 215
Has anyone had any problems with their O rings just splitting? Took a look at my saber today and 2 rings just mysteriously split and fell off

BTW, anyone know the size of the O-rings, I'll have to get some spares. I had a pack of #17 rings but they are too small

Bill I would bring them to a hardware store if they don’t have the o rings in the nuts and bolts bins, check the plumbing and heating sections

Thanks Halliwax, will do!

Could you let us know when you find a match, I got stuck working this weekend last minute...

I am hoping to get to the hardware store one night this week to find a match just to put up in the first post encase it happens to someone else

(Did I use the right “encase”?)

So if you beat me too if and don’t mind sharing we all appreciate it

I matched mine at the storeroom where I work. They're somewhere around 1" to 1 + 1/8". The O-ring diameter is like 1/8" all on it's own (difference between outer and inner diameter specs, divided by 2). I used a 1 and 1/8" inner diameter replacement and it worked great and was easier to install, yet still tight.

Last edited:
I matched mine at the storeroom where I work. They're somewhere around 1" to 1 + 1/8". The O-ring diameter is like 1/8" all on it's own (difference between outer and inner diameter specs, divided by 2). I used a 1 and 1/8" replacement and it worked great and was easier to install, yet still tight.

I’m gonna try and hunt them down

Hope this threads not too old to consider this a necro post. I picked up one of these kits on sale a few weeks ago, man I’m glad I did. Thanks to this tutorial it took about 15 minutes to put it together. Im planning do the paint mod on the knobs, and to recreate the emitter ends as seen on the hero prop that was auctioned in December on PropStore, including the inscribed cataloging numbers. Problem is the Prop Store photos don’t clearly show the entire thing. Does anyone happen to know or have photos of the complete line of numbers?

6F55DB7A-5C45-4995-8263-D98D67409AB9.jpeg
1DEE3305-8ADD-43E8-99C5-F2B6447764AC.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back