Anakin-Sebastian Shaw skin tone?

Jamesfett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas on a spray paint color to match the skin of Vader when he is revealed at the end of ROTJ?

Some kind of off white/pale?

Also I always wondered why he has dark circles around his eyes?

Thanks

1612630906653.png

On screen he doesn't look just pale all-over as his make-up, also remember film is always colour corrected ... so perhaps you should use several shades of colour pastels instead of spraypaint.

sebastian-shaw.jpg

As for the dark around his eyes, my guess would be to mimic the position of the eye-sockets of his respirator mask after it has been lifted by Luke and how UV has damaged the skin :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
On screen he doesn't look just pale all-over as his make-up, also remember film is always colour corrected ... so perhaps you should use several shades of colour pastels instead of spraypaint.

View attachment 1423715

As for the dark around his eyes, my guess would be to mimic the position of the eye-sockets of his respirator mask after it has been lifted by Luke and how UV has damaged the skin :)

Chaïm
It's also worth considering the appalling "colour-correction" that has been done to the films since the 'restoration' in the 90s. Look at the *grey* ramp behind Anakin's head - yes, films are graded intentionally, but it wasn't always blue shifted like that.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back