Anakin ROTS build.

vader45

Sr Member
I've always wanted to do this costume for like EVER. I did a lot of preliminary research for like a year before deciding to give the green light on the costume.

So my first buy was the costume from Singapore that litters eBay. I was hoping the tunic and obi were usable. The rest I know isn't(tabards are black and not wide enough). But the Obi width is to small and the tunic came to short. It's a shame because they used a very nice crinkle cotton. Due to sizing the tunic is now demoted to undertunic. I want to rid of the rest, if anyone is interested. But it worked out because the cloth tabards I bought are a darker brown.

I went through so many sellers on Etsy before deciding on TheStarWarsCloset. Their pricing is really fair compared to others. I first ordered the tabards to go with the Singapore obi and tunic but they are a deeper brown. Which makes the Singapore tunic perfect for the under tunic. Now I have the outer tunic and obi ordered from TheStarWarsCloset. The leather tabards are on order with Custom Props.

I ordered a belt off AsphodelsAttic on Etsy. It was a pre made belt and unfortunately didn't have the incised lines. I had to do it myself. I'm not experienced so they didn't come out perfect. The capsules are from Jedi-Robe America. About the only useful piece from their junk. And I have the leather pouch on order with CastawayTradingCo on Etsy along with one of the resin boxes in n order from Fralans3DCreations. Oh and a covertec clip on the way as well.

Now due to time and money restraints I'm compromising on a few components. I'm wanting to debute the costume at Oddmall: Emporium of the weird in Akron come May. The glove was from Amazon and is no way accurate but it was the only $25, real leather and a good temporary stand in. Eventually I want to order the glove from Custom Props.

20200206_154203.jpg

Next are the boots. Real leather Anakin boots are ungodly expensive for boots. I'm stuck with the overseas pleather boots for now. And the robe, please don't hate me when I say this, I'm going with the Rubies super deluxe robe. It actually looks very good for it's price. It's full cut and has a wool felt look to it even though it's poly. Eventually I want a real wool robe.

What I need to purchase still are brown Dickies work pants, the boots and robe. I have on order Outer tunic, obi, leather tabards, leather belt pouch and one of the resin belt boxes. I have the cloth tabards, belt, temp glove, under tunic and food capsules.

Everything on(minus the under tunic)

20200218_121933~2.jpg

I'm needing opinions. The reference photos shows different shade of brown for the inner tunic.

The inner tunic is the lighter brown. Should I go darker? Seen here is a tabard and inner tunic. The outer tunic and obi are on the way and are the same brown as the tabards.

20200305_170003.jpg
20200305_170128_HDR.jpg
20200305_170226.jpg

I would go darker. I'm not sure if you're on Facebook but on the Anakin cosplay group someone posted photos of the DAG swatches for reference that may be useful to you.

Any way my outer tunic and obi arrived. Quality from TheStarWarsCloset is superb.

Still waiting on leather tabards, boots, pants and pouches.

20200306_094816~2.jpg

20200306_101852~2.jpg

I hate how my phone interprets the blue LEDs as r
Teal.

This photo shows more brown.
20200306_094627~2.jpg

Last edited:
My pants arrived in the wrong color on purpose. Lol. Hayden wore Mahogany Dickies work pants but per normal with replicating film costumes Dickies discontinued the color and are hard to obtain. I had to go with Brown. I may fade them and tint them red to mimick Mahogany.

Warning when buying Dickie work pants. You may need go up 2" on the waist. I originally ordered 34", the size i have been wearing for years and still do, and they were to tight. These here are 36".

20200310_151958.jpg

New arrival.

20200323_205524.jpg

I have no idea when I'll get my leather tabards in since Argentina is on lock down. I'm so pissed at the whole Covid-19 situation I can't see straight. Its slowly stripping away what I live for. It has been handled all wrong.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back