anakin reveal head wip

darth billy

Hi everyone My first work in progress post.

Last month I bought this Anakin skywalker head kit off another forum.This has always been my dream prop replica ever since I first got into props ive been searching for a resin Anakin head for about 4 years.I recived the head in kit form I had to cut out the eye sockets and do some sanding here and their.I think this is casted off the illusive concepts bust the details are incredable.

Im still working on the paint job ive been focusing on the skin tone more then the damage and ageing.Its all painted by hand its been alot of fun theirs about 6 diffrent colors that make up the skin tone.Soon im going to start painting the burns and around the eyes.

The eyes are made by hand I was thinking about buying glass eyes but I was worried they might not fit well.So one afternoon I was bored so I took some clay and started sculpting my own eyes from scratch.After they where done cureing I began painting them Ive spent so many hours painting these eyes to get them just perfect.Everyone who has seen the head in person with the eyes in it freak out.They look like you can squeeze them Im very proud of these eyes I never thought they would of turned out this good.

Im going for the dvd look this is still a work in progress but sofare I think its looking good.

So what do you all think ?

Thanks for looking I hope you like it. :)
Billy

anakin4_1.jpg

anakin2.jpg

anakin3.jpg

anakin1.jpg

Thank you wackychimp.

That is VERY nice work.. I always likeed the "reveal" sceen in Jedi. The head looks a bit big to "fit" into the mask. Is the sizing correct on this? Just wondering.

Elijah

Thanks for the replys. :)

Im going to take a guess on this but I think the lower mask section was casted off the illusive concepts vader.The mask and neckbrace are molded together thats the best the head can fit in.

Thanks
Billy

Dude. Thats awesome. Also, what movie are the prop replica washer and dryer from? Those things look real. I can't even imagine the amount of resin in those babies.

Thanks fro the replys. :)

Im glade you all like it.

I just like to take pis on the washer theirs lights above it so the pics come out better. :lol

Thanks
Billy

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back