anakin light saber prop question

Dragontomb

Hello I'm working on an Anakin light saber and I was wondering if someone could identify or name a close substitute for a particular part (looks like a piece of machined brass rod). There are four of these pieces. In the attachment the yellow arrow is pointing to one of them).

Thanks Ryan.

Yep if you have one of those black graflex inserts those little things are great. My recommendation? They're so small they'd be easy to replicate from a hardware store and still be pretty darn accurate. It would just take browsing (lighting, hardware, finishing sections, electronic, etc) sections and looking for any small golden rod looking part, with that gouge in the top (worst case you gould grind that yourself). You could even cut it off of something larger and sand the bottom - maybe even glue/pressure fit it into PVC or Wood as a plug for the saber? If the rods have little hex nuts on the bottom, then you could find something like that (maybe a finishing washer?) to insert the little rod in

Just some cheaper ideas haha If you're up for some creative legwork

Headphone jacks might work too – the small kind used for iPods or other portable music players. They're about the right size and made of brass underneath the chrome plate. You could buy a few cheap headsets from Ross or TJ Maxx and strip the plating.

Dragontomb, if you want any measurements for the rots Anakin saber give me a shout, I have the one you pictured there :)

AnubisGuard, good call! I had the same idea when I woke this morning!

Now that I look, the graflex copys do not look like the brass pegs on the Anakin Saber..a headphone jack would look more accurate :)

I picked up 4 headphone jacks that will work perfectly for this light saber. Very inexpensive, $1 each. Thanks Leigh I won't need any measurements for Anakins light saber, just waiting for my alclan II chrome paint to arrive in the mail so I can finish this lightsaber.

Maybe I'm a little late, but what I use is brass "L" hooks. They're sort of like cup hooks, only in the shape of (you guessed it) an "L". They even have the little flange at their base and have wood/metal screw threading for fixng them in place. All you have to do is cut them down to length.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back