An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

They do look square in some pics, and round in others. At first glance in some of the grainy shots almost reminds me of battleship guns with the barrels cut off. The basic shape of them. I don’t think that’s it’s, but I can imagine it’s on a sprue that has 8 parts to go with around here. Like the Stug parts they had to choose from on Radar.
Do you think they "might" possibly be this piece, to the right of the circular pieces in the Ise/Hyuga?

1683388160088.jpeg

BTW, it's Saturday, raining, and I'm three years into this thing with six years total if you count the Y-Wing research and build (which gave me the idea that I could build a Falcon), and I've gotta say, when my wife asks me, "What are you doing today?" and I reply, "Looking for needles in haystacks with a handful of equally obsessed nerds" she just chuckles quietly and goes and makes some tea. But I LOVE the fact that you guys are just as hyper-focused on finding all the tiny/fiddly/missing/hiding/mystery parts as I am -- easily the most fun jigsaw puzzle I've ever worked on.

So thanks: this is a great group of weirdoes we've assembled here, and I'm grateful to be a part of it.
Thanks for looking in Hyuga Read! It was worth a shot. I still have a gut feeling about that kit. But what do I know… yet? Haha! And as for looking for teeny tiny things, I’m not on a very good roll this week. I don’t think the two days I took off were enough. May need a longer vacation!

I’m stuck in again looking for tiny parts today too with the rain! But glad I mowed the grass last night.

And as for the group that has assembled past and present, thanks to everyone for all of your hard work, dedication, and contributions. And I second Read’s thoughts: It is pretty great to be a part of this group of weirdos! Haha! Thanks for letting me be part of it!

Last edited:
I'm not in my studio, so can't say for sure or give better pics/reference, but what got me going was the impression of "square" and "rounded" simultaneously, which these parts uniquely are.

I'm not in my studio, so can't say for sure or give better pics/reference, but what got me going was the impression of "square" and "rounded" simultaneously, which these parts uniquely are.
I just pulled out my Stug ring and my ISE. And actually, looking at the 1980 ISE kit, it may actually be the small guns by scale. We have Manugu to thank for making us look at this a different way. In a lot of my pics they looked round, and then some looked square. Always camera tricks to play with, aren’t there?

So I’m guessing part #2 with the barrels cut off in the 1980 (edit - 1980!) ISE (which can provide these, but not the ladders), and whatever the small gun equivalent is in the Hyuga. I am curious to see if there’s a difference between kit parts though when you get back. Mine are pretty ill defined, but they’re really small.

Thanks Read, and Manugu too! I’d still be looking for circles. Haha!

And once again, I’m having an off week. WOW. Not feeling too bright, but it is raining here. LOL

Big Guns (now AC/DC will be stuck in my head all day!):
5E90426B-3B6F-473F-B46D-E31D56195DA5.jpeg

Little Guns (ISE part #2) I’m going with these:
6EBEA718-0178-49A5-945B-466A31743C22.jpeg

Good call, and good comparison with the Stug ring -- then it seems conclusively to be the small guns.

JCoffman, I'm intentionally not going there... ; )
I still think the Hyuga may have some different definition to them though. So if they do look different, please let us know.

I cut them off the sprue to see better. What do you think?

Going to need to sand the guns off the top so they fit flat.
View attachment 1698686

I still want to see if the Hyuga’s a little more defined. I’ll bet they are.
I am persuaded these are the right parts.

I do also suspect the vintage Ise/Hyuga has a better/more exact profile match to the newer one.

So I found this guy hiding this morning. Looks like a Stug IV piece, but it looks like there is something running from it to the back of the dish.
1683462331957.png

I played around with Photoshop and this was the best I could come up with. You can see it appears that there are small boxes where it attaches to the dish. I would assume this pattern continues on the other side and bottom making a + shape.
Untitled-1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back