An Open Letter to Disney - Visiting Galaxy's Edge

Can I just say this is precisely how I felt when I discovered John Williams wrote a dedicated piece just for this park, and I actually kinda dig it?

And it fits the theme and atmosphere of Galaxy's Edge like a glove, makes it so much more of an incredible experience.......

That is a beautiful piece of music! I like you only found a handful of tracks from TFA to be memorable and I can't recall a single theme from TLJ, but this exclusive park theme is fantastic!

Captures the romantic spirit of Star Wars blending elements of old and new with musical grace. John Williams is a freaking harmonic genius!

Thanks for all the footage! Glad you enjoyed it. Gives me hope I might too but I'm still not feeling it yet lol.

The one thing I was REALLY hoping to do, which it looks like you can't, is go inside the Millennium Falcon. Yeah, the ride simulates it but I want to experience the real deal. What it's like to walk up the ramp, head for the cockpit, maybe press some buttons, fire up the engines. I want to see just how much the front mandibles block your port side view haha. That would've been awesome. Maybe they'll open it up at some time.

Last edited:
I went to Disney World (Florida) with my family a few years back, and after a couple of days there, we went to "Harry Potter World"

Harry Potter world was so impressive and immersive, I forgot I didn't give a crap about Harry Potter.... I loved it, and it made me sad that Disney World wasn't living up to Universal... We couldn't even compare Star Tours to Harry Potter... It was a joke.

SO glad to see they stepped up to compete! If this is comparable to Harry Potter, and it sounds like it is, I can't imagine how suckered I'll get in to buying stuff... I mean I almost bought a wizard robe! WHY?!?! I don't even care for Harry Potter!

I did buy a wand though, heh.

I ought to be grateful I'll never be able to go, because I have the feeling I'd either be the best or the worst kind of guest. It'd be way too easy to turn the "fanfiction" brain on and start conversing back with cast members in-universe-style. :p

I ought to be grateful I'll never be able to go, because I have the feeling I'd either be the best or the worst kind of guest. It'd be way too easy to turn the "fanfiction" brain on and start conversing back with cast members in-universe-style. :p

They kind of actually do that already, they have code phrases for greetings, etc, based on sci-fi jargon. Naturally you could go way beyond their knowledge, but the fact they say "Bright Suns", "Til the Spires", etc, shows how immersive they wanted this to be. They even referred to the credit card readers as something, I forgot, but it was Data something or other.

Last edited:
They kind of actually do that already, they have code phrases for greetings, etc, based on sci-fi jargon. Naturally you could go way beyond their knowledge, but the fact they say "Bright Suns", "Til the Spires", etc, shows how immersive they wanted this to be. They even referred to the credit card readers as something, I forgot, but it was Data something or other.

Hmm, I wonder what reaction "By the Light of Lothal's Moons" will get me next year...

Using that kind of lingo, personally, isn't necessary for me, I am fine with my immersive experience being some cool looking ships, buildings, maybe some music........

I was explaining to my wife (a big Potter head) how even though Batuu isn’t in the movies I’m looking forward to it just as much as she looked forward to WWOHP for the first time. I grew up much the same way that you recall and I’ve been dreaming about a 360* experience in the world of Star Wars most of my life. I was trying to explain that to me it isn’t about the individual locations of Mos Eisley or Hoth etc. but being surrounded by the designs of the universe. The oily pipes and bustling ports, droids and starfighters. I can’t wait to see it once it hits Orlando.

The sad thing is I’ve read articles from the uber nerds rippping this place apart about how certain things are inaccurate. Little do they realize it’s there to inspire a persons imagination, young and older like us “big kids”. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pics/videos. I now have something to look forward to and embarrass my son with all the “HOLY CRAP, look, it’s a...!!!” that I’ll be spouting off endlessly. He’ll dig it just as much, I’m sure.

The sad thing is I’ve read articles from the uber nerds rippping this place apart about how certain things are inaccurate.

The one's saying that are completely lost on why this was built in the first place............

Little do they realize it’s there to inspire a persons imagination, young and older like us “big kids”.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm as big a fan as anyone and appreciate accuracy, but if you're the kind of fan that gets woozy because the forward floodlight of the Millennium Falcon might be lower than it should be, or the consistency of the blue / green milk is not screen accurate, then stay home. I like it when the park is less crowded anyway.

Two things I forgot to post were these items that I really loved. One was Luke's meal tray from Degobah in ESB, which is sold as the Resistance MRE. I thought it was a pretty faithful attempt at the prop. I love it, really looks the part and had some fun treats..........

MRE3.jpg

MRE.jpg

MRE2.jpg

And of course Luke's lamp from Degobah, which I thought was also nice.......

lamp.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back