An MPC Millennium Falcon "ANH" customization from Italy!

ViGior

Hello everybody, I'm Vincenzo Giordano from Italy and this is my first post!
Among the various Star Wars’ models that I made over the years, I always want to customize an MPC Millennium Falcon to look like the "ANH" one the most as possible, so a while ago I started with this (yes, I know... there is too much around here, already... but not in Italy!!!)
Then looking on the net for some references I came across this wonderful forum and I noticed to be many others who are involved in the same project, and the approach to the customization is always the same, more or less: cutting away the mandibles, dissecting the hull and try to bend it to give the right shape an curve!
I tried to reproduce even the many damages on the edge of the hull as faithfully possible, because in my opinion this is the most attractive feature of the original filming model.
At this moment I want to get just the general shape without thinking about the amount of detail that I'll modify or add… if I reach a shape that satisfies me I go ahead!
I humbly show you pictures of where I arrived, meanwhile, thanks for your attention. (sorry if these are too much photos and sorry for my english!) :)

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 065.JPG
    065.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 215
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 202
Hey ViGior,.......Welcome

& wow,,,,......she's got curves

Very very lovely work

I wish my MPC had those curves,....(maybe V2)

Keep the pics coming

John

The single most difficult task in working on the MPC to resemble the ANH (5 foot ) falcon is the hull curvature. You have done that, well done!

Love falcon builds, and looking forward to updates.

Ozzy

Beautiful 5-footer curve! :) Looking forward to more construction pics! I wish you took more pics of how you bent the hull so evenly. And dents may not look much on cars but they look so beautiful on the Falcon, don't they :)

Thank you guys, you are too kind!
In my mind the only MF is what fascinated me as a child from some specific frames and no other model, expecially what it seems in these sequences:
Immagine 08.jpgImmagine 14.jpghoth_hanger2.png Immagine 20.jpg
a strange bulged flying saucer with two triangles attached on front!

Crackerjazz for the images of the processing steps, I had uploaded more photos in my first post, but does not display them (it says "attached thumbnails)! :behave

Now I'll upload again!

Last edited:
Thank you guys, you are too kind!
In my mind the only MF is what fascinated me as a child from some specific frames and no other model, expecially what it seems in these sequences:
View attachment 495541View attachment 495542View attachment 495540 View attachment 495543
a strange bulged flying saucer with two triangles attached on front!

For the images of the processing steps, I had uploaded more photos in my first post, but does not display them (it says "attached thumbnails)! :behave

Now I'll upload again!

Yep me too,...its the first Sci-fi ship that I fell in love with,....and as you say it's the fuller 5 footer that has THAT look

J

Sorry for the mess but I can see some photos and other not, some in column, some side by side!
I upload them all in the same way, what's wrong?
:$

It's amazing how much a good curvature and a nice mandible toe-in can turn us all on so much.

Frankly, I can forgive any detail error if the shape is nice and sex like that

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back