An intro and some of my props

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by drmoreau, Feb 1, 2012.

1. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

Hey guys. I haven't made a whole lot of really advanced stuff, but I've cobbled together a few things in the past. Many of them were made for short films that I produce so there wasn't much need for excruciating detail.

A Nerf Maverick with some paint and weathering details
    [​IMG]

Evil alien prop guns, insignias (made from poker chips) and handcuffs
    [​IMG]

An evil space emperor's staff (it's a block of wood, an acrylic jewel, shovel handle, and the center ring is from a racing steering wheel.
    [​IMG]

Simple raygun made with a super soaker, some gold-painted thread, and an old party lightbulb.
    [​IMG]

Futureman costume (shiny fabric & some plastic for the cuffs and mask)
    [​IMG]

Captain Korak. This is a costume I made for cons. He's supposed to be an original series Klingon who's the captain of a pirate/smuggling vessel. Was made from stuff I had lying around the house. Emblems are made from a plastic binder I cut up, layered, and glued together then painted. Sash is some interesting cloth I found at Hancock Fabrics.
    [​IMG]

I am currently working on an STVI heavy assault phaser resin kit & a custom made steampunk rifle (it will be HUGE)

Clutch likes this.
  2. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

I also work on bicycles, motorized and non-motorized. Here are a couple of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also write short stories and create digital artwork relating to my own scifi universe. Here are just a few quick images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's quite some creativity you have there :) :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Love the raygun with the light bulb ! :cool

4. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

should be cutting the stock for my steampunk rifle soon. that thing is gonna be ridiculous. it will probably weigh in around 40-60lbs when finished and will be all wood and metal. the flash supressor alone (I think it was part of an oil drilling pipe) weighs probably 15lbs.

it will "vent" CO2 and have all kinds of lights, and moving parts, etc...

5. PotionMistress

PotionMistress Sr Member

You sure are handy and versatile! Great work and well done!! Thanks for sharing!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

6. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

The stock for my steampunk rifle just beginning to take shape
    [​IMG]

This will end up being incorporated into some other gun in the future
    [​IMG]

Here is the flash suppressor for the steampunk rifle
    [​IMG]

7. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

for scale, the hole in the middle of the flash suppressor is 1/2 inch in diameter. it's a BIG handful.

8. switchblade_slinger

switchblade_slinger Well-Known Member

That die is gonna make the barrel REAL tip-heavy... but it will LOOK amazing!

9. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

wait until you see steam (Co2) venting from these puppies :)

[​IMG]

on second thought I guess this is more dieselpunk than steampunk...most of the parts I have are from the 1940s (most things around my house are from the 1940s, including the house)

10. pRoJectEarth7

pRoJectEarth7 Well-Known Member

Seriously, I like the bicycles...:):thumbsup

11. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

thank you

12. drmoreau

drmoreau Active Member

picked up some more materials for the steampunk/teslapunk rifle. got a trigger guard, some power switches, assorted colored LEDs, a barrel, and other misc parts.

hopefully within a week I can get some pics up of it coming together. right now I'm still involved with sanding the stock down so it's not a square block of wood, lol.