AMT Tie Fighter base-how big?

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Who out there has the old double kit of the AMT Tie Fighter kit? This came with a Death Star base for the Ties. I know this may not be the most accurate base, just wondering how big it was. If you have pics I would like to see them. I can't seem to find any old threads on this kit here that actually shows the base. Thanks.:)

It measures 8 1/2" x 11 1/2"
base.jpg

Found my base,fortunately it wasn't at the back of the unbuilt kit cupboard :lol.The whole base is 217x294mm with the centre section being 196x272mm.

deathstarbase.jpg

You can have my two unused ones if you want. S&H and they're yours.

Who out there has the old double kit of the AMT Tie Fighter kit? This came with a Death Star base for the Ties. I know this may not be the most accurate base, just wondering how big it was. If you have pics I would like to see them. I can't seem to find any old threads on this kit here that actually shows the base. Thanks.:)

FWIW I'm going to take this opportunity to say that the AMT Ties are NOT bad! Yeah! Yeah! They're not accurate and so-on-and-so-forth. So what. For $2.99 a kit at Toy Liquidators they build up quite nice and I've got 4 of them representing the different color iterations for under $6.

I'm looking forward to the first color coat (ESB/ROTJ blue) this weekend. Will post pics in separate thread.

Cleaning up my "Watch" list and forgot this post from 9-years ago. Better late than never, here's the what I went with on the ESB paint scheme! :lol:
IMG_0519.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back