AMT Tie Fighter base-how big?

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Who out there has the old double kit of the AMT Tie Fighter kit? This came with a Death Star base for the Ties. I know this may not be the most accurate base, just wondering how big it was. If you have pics I would like to see them. I can't seem to find any old threads on this kit here that actually shows the base. Thanks.:)

It measures 8 1/2" x 11 1/2"
base.jpg

Reactor drone

Found my base,fortunately it wasn't at the back of the unbuilt kit cupboard :lol.The whole base is 217x294mm with the centre section being 196x272mm.

deathstarbase.jpg

mb1k

You can have my two unused ones if you want. S&H and they're yours.

Who out there has the old double kit of the AMT Tie Fighter kit? This came with a Death Star base for the Ties. I know this may not be the most accurate base, just wondering how big it was. If you have pics I would like to see them. I can't seem to find any old threads on this kit here that actually shows the base. Thanks.:)

mb1k

FWIW I'm going to take this opportunity to say that the AMT Ties are NOT bad! Yeah! Yeah! They're not accurate and so-on-and-so-forth. So what. For $2.99 a kit at Toy Liquidators they build up quite nice and I've got 4 of them representing the different color iterations for under $6.

I'm looking forward to the first color coat (ESB/ROTJ blue) this weekend. Will post pics in separate thread.

mb1k

Cleaning up my "Watch" list and forgot this post from 9-years ago. Better late than never, here's the what I went with on the ESB paint scheme! :lol:
IMG_0519.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.