AMT Star Trek VI Battle Cruiser quick build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen pics of the RG kits. The E has heavy grid lines all over it, not just the saucer.
You're right- it kinda looks like they watched the TOS eps with the new FX & TOTALLY exaggerated the subtle panel lines suggested in it.

Me Too!

When I bought mine I was very disappointed it wasn't very close to the ST6 ship.

I found a few detail photos, pre internet, and altered it. There's a 9V behind the intake.

attachment.php

All I have is this little photo from years ago. Black velvet was the backdrop. I wonder where the model is?

Like you say, it's a nice little model.

Steve, that part you asked about in the vid is a burnishing tool. The original release of the kit had dry transfer markings, the E refit had 'em too.

Part # 34 is the...
mmmm....
thingie at the...
Omega 13 port....

Heh, I don't know. But FANTASTIC work Steve! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

The 22" cutaway is horribly disproportionate and most people dont catch that.
The front of the secondary hull is too short and I think they used that to line up the primary hull. The Primary dorsal then became too short and likewise the engine pylons. The 22" is a hot mess because once you fix ONE of the issues you HAVE to fix the other issues or it looks even worse.

The models were built by Magicam, Apogee added extra detailing.

I've seen pics of the RG kits. The E has heavy grid lines all over it, not just the saucer. The D7 isn't so bad, it looks like the one Greg Jein made for DS9.

If you want an E for a simple build, maybe the 22in cut-away kit would work. No grid lines, but the two piece cut-away hull needs to be glued together. But I've seen some great builds with this kit, and the size is nice too.

The Round 2 repop of the old AMT kit also has no grid lines. Lots of upgrade parts are available for both kits.

Tanks but don't you have some windows to scratch??? LOL just kidding! ;)

steve

I do! I've been busy (and lazy!) lately and haven't touched that project in a few weeks!

I think I've asked before, but what is the Glamorous Glennis scale/kit?

Last edited:
I do! I've been busy (and lazy!) lately and haven't touched that project in a few weeks!

I think I've asked before, but what is the Glamorous Glennis scale/kit?

Pegasus. It's big and beautiful scale. No I forget the scale. nice kit. Sensor booms are a bit out of scale but over all a winner with retractable gear and full cockpit. But they did leave out the broom handle. ;)

Steve

Steve, I LOVE your videos! I think I'm going to have to buy you a tripod though! :lol

I have a couple new models coming my way, I'll be using your videos for tips. :thumbsup

Well thanks but i do have three tripods and a camera rig. I like to grab and shoot mostly the darn tripod has no motion control! LOL!

Good to hear! Get busy.

Steve

This build reminds me of when I did one YEARS ago. It was one of the first I did after getting back into modeling as an adult. I even went with lights and all, too! But no where near as good as yours!

Pegasus. It's big and beautiful scale. No I forget the scale. nice kit. Sensor booms are a bit out of scale but over all a winner with retractable gear and full cockpit. But they did leave out the broom handle. ;)

Steve

I think it is 1/18th scale if I remember correctly. I have one tuck away with about a thousand other future projects, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back