AMT Slave One WIP

Thanks again guys.

I've started cutting sections of the hull to make the open hatch and boarding ramp.

100_4596.jpg

100_4597.jpg

100_4598.jpg

100_4599.jpg

I'm making a temporary cargo area by cutting out sections of this nutritious snack box.

100_4600.jpg

100_4601.jpg

100_4602.jpg

100_4603.jpg

After some adjustments here and there to the temp cargo cutouts, I start cutting the real thing out of styrene.

100_4610.jpg

100_4611.jpg

100_4617.jpg

100_4618.jpg

100_4619.jpg

I'll be decorating the inside with some greebles next.

Oh yeah, nice work! This will be great when its done. I dont know the size of that kit, but could you find figures for it? I think I have a 1/72 Boba in standing position somewhere from the FM version. The FM is no way 1/72 compaired to the studiomodel, the Revell is much closer.

I loled at Total Fat 5g.

It's about 1/72.
When the model came out originally I converted the seated Fett figure to standing by using the bottom half of a 1/72 military figure.

Hi guys. I'm sorry I haven't said anything in the last few days. Been busy with work and haven't been on a computer to visit this site. I was starting to go through some RPF withdrawals. Thank you so much everyone for the kind words and great offers of help. It's very motivating to see people whos work I've been admiring making comments on my build. Nazgul and Metallboy, thank you very much for the offer. I first want to try the figures that came with this kit. It's just a challenge thing to see if I can make these figures look decent. If I fail, it's very nice and reassuring to know the superior FM version are available. Thanks again guys!!!

While busy with work, I did manage to do some things with the kit. Here's what I've done to the ramp section for now.

100_4635.jpg

100_4636.jpg

100_4639.jpg

This gray part is an unused section of this kit which I'm turning into the floor of the cargo area.

100_4643.jpg

The gap on this will be in the back section so it should be unseen. I have a plan to use this gap if everthing works out.

100_4644.jpg

Next I'v been digging up parts to try and make an interesting and busy looking cargo area.

100_4647.jpg

100_4649.jpg

100_4650.jpg

100_4652.jpg

I'll be working on the other walls next and see how everything looks.

Thanks guys! Still working on the other wall of the cargo area. Finding the right looking bits has been fun but also taking longer than I thought. Makes me wonder how the movie model builders were able to match up all those pieces and make them look like they belong together while doing it all under a tight deadline.

Thanks tek2graphics! By the way I ran out of Twinkies. Sorry. I blame my wife...no, dog for eating the last one. My wife might see this post.

Here's what I have so far for the other wall. Once I get it all together, I may add a little more details.

100_4653.jpg

100_4654.jpg

100_4655.jpg

100_4657.jpg

In my head I'm kind of going for a submarine type of interior. Next is the back wall and the ceiling.

This isn't even an AMT kit anymore! Great job Randy! It's hard for the rest of us to be patient while you upgrade the hell out of it!

You sir, are insane! Insanely talented :)
I have had the same kit sitting on my shelf for going on 15 years, and here you are, not only building it, but removing details only to put them back in. Nice.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back