amount of ink to paint a mask

mikeincan

hey folks was wondering how much ink i should buy before i start painting my mask. i was going to be buying fw inks but from what i habd seenthey only come in 1 once bottles that enough to paint a mask?

Doing a bit of post stealing here .... but since we are on the subject of ink amounts was wondering how much ink do you need to paint the base color on the whole costume ?

Doing a bit of post stealing here .... but since we are on the subject of ink amounts was wondering how much ink do you need to paint the base color on the whole costume ?

If I’m reading the post below correctly, it may take anywhere from an ounce and a half to two ounces to paint ( airbrush) a bodysuit, now I haven’t a clue if the poster means ‘bodysuit’ as in latex or cotton lycra. Here is the post quoted below:

“if u have a airbrush mixing your latex with your acrylic would b the best idea.it covers alot more than u think.easyly paint a body suit with 1 and a half or 2 ounces of paint.plus u have as many colors as u have paints.latex paints are very expensive once u start getting a bunch of colors!i used "golden" acrylic paints.works very well.tha pic i added required roughly 3 ounces of various tones and colors.adhered very well and if very flexible.i mixed 50% latex with 50% water for my base then add around 30%acrylic paint.i put the water/latex in my airbrush then added the paint in there,put the lid on and spray!dries fairly fast.”

Here is a link to the entire thread of postings

http://www.thehunterslair.com/lofiversion/...php?t20286.html
~Estelle

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back