American Werewolf in London David bust....

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
EDIT- 4-28-06

Well, after a short wait and a successful wig-hunt, I've got the first of these finished up.

I got the final eyes yesterday, threw a shirt on him and snapped some pics this AM.

I will be offering these in latex and am considering unfinished resin kits (which would come bald with the wig and hair to complete it).

anyone interested in either, please email me at wampawampa@mac.com

T

David1web.jpg

Davidweb.jpg

Hey all,

Just finished molding this guy this weekend and figured some of you might dig it.

I've always loved this moment in the film... where David (dreaming) sees himself laying in a hospital bed in the middle of a forrest. The "jump" always gets me. Just one of those great "gotchas" :D

Anyway, it's such a cool "moment" in film that I decided to try to capture that in a bust.

I made some slight adjustments to how the weight sits on his face (as he's laying down in the film and the bust is upright... if I sculpted him as he looked laying down, he'd look strangley chubby in his lower face) but I feel I've stayed pretty faithfull to the "moment" and even having his head turned just slightly to his right.

The likeness was difficult, as the extreme expression is pretty far from David Naughton's "normal" face.

I'm having custom glass eyes made in the next week or so and am working on the hair now. I may use hand laid human/crepe or yak... or possibly a wig if I can find one that will match or that I can mod.

Does anyone have any good links or leads on reasonably priced (but quality) wigs?

Pics below are of the sculpt. I've also posted a photoshop with the eyes and hair just for fun. Always nice to see how things line up (even though the angle is a ways off.)

If anyone's interested in this piece, drop me a PM.

Thanks and enjoy.
Tom

A reference pic....
cap002.jpg

Looks great.

Talk about a movie that has lots of sculpting possibilities, one of my favorites.

I remember that I had a nightmare the day I saw the movie, and I was a little kid. But it is indeed a awesome film after saw it again when I grew up.

Very cool, that's a 'great jump out of your seat' moment in the movie.

Can you please sculpt me a 1:1 'shower scene' Jenny Agguter? :p ;)

I always love to see WIP threads like this, the talent here is fantastic.

Regards

Al

Originally posted by Wampa@Apr 3 2006, 10:26 AM
thanks guys.

Al, I dunno on the Jenny, you think people would really like that? ;)

:angel

T
<div align="right">[snapback]1218992[/snapback]

[/quote]
I think that a man of your talents could do justice to one of the following... ;)
jenny.jpg

Originally posted by Wampa@Apr 3 2006, 03:26 PM
thanks guys.

Al, I dunno on the Jenny, you think people would really like that?  ;)

:angel

T
[snapback]1218992[/snapback]​

Oh, I think a few might...heh...:love

Thanks..

Just got a pic back from the eye place. Very close. They're sending these out so I can test fit them and request any tweaks. Iris size may be a touch small but the overall size is a little bigger than what you see so that may work out.

Color and style-wise I'm very happy with them. I may request a softer blending to the red, veiny edges but otherwise they're on the right track.

Tom

EYEPROTO1.JPG

Great Sculpt. I'm in awe of your talents and the speed at which you work.

Here's a silly question, where do you buy your custom eyes? I'd love to have some made for a project I'm picking away at.

thanks all.

I agree he'd look nice with Jack... and with Pat Magee's wolf :D

I ordered a sample wig today so we'll see how that goes.

Tom

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back