American Sniper - Chris Kyle / Bradley Cooper Hero Helmet

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Picked this piece up for Kristen for our 5th anniversary (how awesome is it that I get to buy her props for our anniversary?!?)

Chris Kyle's (Bradley Cooper) hero MICH helmet, used almost exclusively throughout the production of American Sniper (except for a select number of FX shots). It can be screen matched to all four of Chris' tours in the film, most notably to the final fight scene when Chris calls Taya and tells her he is ready to come home. It can also be matched to numerous behind-the-scenes shots.

While the continuity isn't perfect, you can actually watch the helmet get more and more beat up as the film progresses (probably simply due to wear and tear during production), but it is always the same helmet with several easy-to-ID scratches and marks.

This may only be a movie with Hollywood stars, but it represents something bigger; a true American hero who served his country, protected his fellow soldiers and defended a people he didn't know. As with our rifle from Lone Survivor, we feel pretty privileged to have this piece in our collection, more because of what it represents than what it is.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-01.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-01.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,339
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-02.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-02.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,883
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-02a.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-02a.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,276
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-02b.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-02b.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,961
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-03.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-03.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,878
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-04.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-04.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,898
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-05.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-05.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 3,803
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-06.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-06.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,800
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-07.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-07.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,842
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-08.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-08.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 1,911
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-09.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-09.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 2,407
  • american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-10.jpg
    american-sniper-chris-kyle-helmet-10.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 2,696
That's an awesome pickup... if you add another center type pad (the 3" circle) you should be able to have the helmet sit on the dummy's head better than it is. If you need some, let me know, I have plenty of spares and excess hanging around and there's almost no market for them around here (Ft. Bragg, NC).

That's an awesome pickup... if you add another center type pad (the 3" circle) you should be able to have the helmet sit on the dummy's head better than it is. If you need some, let me know, I have plenty of spares and excess hanging around and there's almost no market for them around here (Ft. Bragg, NC).

We rearranged the pads for the final display (and put the helmet on a black flocked manny head) as you are right that it was sitting too low and also too far forward.

Great piece and nicely matched. did you buy the other pieces off propstore? I saw that some of his gear with a helmet & a rifle was up for maybe a few hours before they sold.

Great piece and nicely matched. did you buy the other pieces off propstore? I saw that some of his gear with a helmet & a rifle was up for maybe a few hours before they sold.

No, I only wanted the helmet. The gear was very cool and screen matched as well, but not complete. Without the punisher stylized vest it just didn't make a full display to me.

I was only on set for three days as an extra but it is something I am very proud of. Just being a very small part of this film really was an honor. Congratulations on the helmet purchase. That is a great piece.

I didn't take any pictures. They were pretty strict about phones. To give some insight the weights or at least some of them that Bradley was lifting when he was in Iraq were the real thing. Some of the guns were real decommissioned pieces.
The props were still just as heavy as the real ones.
And seeing Clint Eastwood was simply cool as hell.
Most of the stuff I did didn't make it on screen where I could see myself or anything. I did spot myself twice. And at one point when I was in a crowd Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller were literally right behind me. So overall it was just a fun experience.

Great grab Art. Chris is a true and humble American hero. Had the privilege of meeting him a few times. Class guy to the core.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back