AMC's "Comic Book Men" reality series

I feel like if they have to say "unscripted" then it probably is scripted or they are at least given an outline of what to talk about. But I'm pretty cynical so it might just be me.

Anybody know what brand/model of microphone they use in their round table discussions?
At first glance, it looks like a Shure Super 55... but, I don't think it is, there seems to be something different to back end of the mike they use that's not on the Shure Super 55.

I've looked for pics from CBM looking for better pics of their mic. While, there seem to be a couple pics with a back piece the looks a little thicker most of them sire look like a Shure Super 55 - I've even looked at my own multiple times. There's uses black screen - which I think the Super 55 with the switch comes with (as theirs appears to be in some pics). Even if it's not - these are customizable - I bought mine from Mutant Microphones and it's customized with a full warranty (different screen, different mic internals).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back