AMC to open more theaters with retro movies at 15 cent ticket price on opening day.

I'm curious about their definition of "retro." "Black Panther" is far from being an "old movie" and even '80s movies like "Ghostbusters" and "Grease" came out long after 15 cent movie tickets.

“...in other news, the number of COVID-19 cases shot up 40% after thousands of morons decided to cram themselves into movie theaters seduced by the price of a 15 cent ticket.

Later, AMC files for bankruptcy.

Now in sports...“

"There are no sports..." (good ones anyway! *rimshot*)

The nearest AMC theaters to me are about an hour away. My sister was working for RAVE Cinemas and they haven't started up again so she's working somewhere else for now. She got an email saying they would have very limited capacity and people would be spaced out, so I doubt there would be a problem unless someone infected was in there coughing like a lunatic. Of course you've probably seen all those movies anyway.

The 'new and improved snack bar'

Soft Drinks (S, M, L, XL): 4.99, 6.99, 7.99, 8.50 (the XL looks like the best deal!)
Candy $4.99
Hot Dog: $7.99
Hot Pretzel: $8.99
Popcorn (S, M, L): $9.99, $10.99, $11.99 (Large gets free refills!)

Disclaimer, that's 2-3x the previous prices around here. Wouldn't stun me if those numbers aren't far off from places like LA or NYC. Hopefully not,bu who knows.

The 'new and improved snack bar'

Soft Drinks (S, M, L, XL): 4.99, 6.99, 7.99, 8.50 (the XL looks like the best deal!)
Candy $4.99
Hot Dog: $7.99
Hot Pretzel: $8.99
Popcorn (S, M, L): $9.99, $10.99, $11.99 (Large gets free refills!)

Disclaimer, that's 2-3x the previous prices around here. Wouldn't stun me if those numbers aren't far off from places like LA or NYC. Hopefully not,bu who knows.

Wow—the chance to pay $8 to eat a hot dog, again; such a privledge that I sorely miss...

...mind you, a hot dog that was cooked on a Big 24 hot dog roller machine that was most likely cleaned with the same rag that was earlier used to clean up a spill on the floor (yes, I worked at a concession stand, one summer while in college, and was witness to these horrors...I can still hear the screams at night).

As a bonus, to get the opportunity possibly catch COVID-19 for only a few pennies?

I’m definitely in.

9CCE11B5-68D2-41B9-9E10-88FDEE4C7931.jpeg

Last edited:
If they want to make a killing selling Hot Dogs, they should show Cheech and Chongs "Up in Smoke!" I was working at a movie theatre back when it came out and our Manager said we never sold so many Hot Dogs during a movie!

While I'm with you guys, accompanying snark and all, against going to the movies right now, I just now in the deepest recesses of my soul...

All it take is that one movie that I have to see on the big screen and me and my family are dead.

Just got back from Watching The Empire Strikes Back. I was actually surprised it had the Fox fanfare logo on it, but was nice to see. It was definitely a digital copy and either the DVD or Bluray version made for a movie theater.

Just got back from Watching The Empire Strikes Back. I was actually surprised it had the Fox fanfare logo on it, but was nice to see. It was definitely a digital copy and either the DVD or Bluray version made for a movie theater.
Of course. They can't remove Fox's name from the movie itself (Thank God).

I remember hearing that when Disney released the digital version a few years ago, they did remove the Fox logos. I never bought those versions though.
Interesting. Never heard that before but I can't imagine that to be the case.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back