Amazon's The Expanse

Heard a rumor that they may try to finish up the books with a movie. Would love to see them finish it!
Oh interesting, where’d you hear this? One movie for almost three books of material seems a bit steep. They’d have to do several to get anywhere near the amount of plot that the books have.

From what I've heard, there are some extra scenes included in the X-Ray mode for the series finale. They are only accessible via the Prime Video app for cellphones or on desktop (sorry Smart TV users).

From what I've heard, there are some extra scenes included in the X-Ray mode for the series finale. They are only accessible via the Prime Video app for cellphones or on desktop (sorry Smart TV users).
Correct, about their existence, anyway, I watch on my computer so I never had issues accessing them. They are mostly vignettes, moments that inform about character but would have slowed the pacing if they had been in the show proper.

Is it just me or does Steven Strait look very......unhealthy? He is bonechilling thin now. I don't remember him being that way in the earlier seasons. Especially in the neck area. That is never a good sign for a man. You could put your whole hand around his neck. I remember noticing that on Chadwick Boseman way before his sickness was announced. I thought "something is not right with that guy."

There was a shot of Holden laying on a bed in the third episode and he is nothing but skin and bones. He looks bad. I don't mean made up to look bad for the show. I'm afraid something is seriously wrong with the guy.

Is it just me or does Steven Strait look very......unhealthy? He is bonechilling thin now. I don't remember him being that way in the earlier seasons. Especially in the neck area. That is never a good sign for a man. You could put your whole hand around his neck. I remember noticing that on Chadwick Boseman way before his sickness was announced. I thought "something is not right with that guy."

There was a shot of Holden laying on a bed in the third episode and he is nothing but skin and bones. He looks bad. I don't mean made up to look bad for the show. I'm afraid something is seriously wrong with the guy.
He's fine. He deliberately lost weight for the last season as Holden is supposed to be stressed as all hell.
If he was actually ill, I don't think Keon Alexander would have been ripping the pish out of him on Twitter about it the way he was ;)

I haven't watched the last season yet, but I'm doing a re-watch of the whole show to just binge the entire thing and then end with the final season. It's much easier to follow on a re-watch, and it's really an amazing feat of writing and production. The whole thing is just incredibly well laid out with really compelling characters, a terrific plot, and jaw-dropping production values.

Also, while the authors are amazing and deserve tons of credit for what they've created, I have to say, Naren Shankar is an absolute badass and I have nothing but respect for how well produced this show is.

SPOILER ALERT!!

Ok, so I finished off this yesterday and I have to admit I'm a bit confused. I've never read the books, so the show is all I have to go on. Maybe I'm just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had a real problem with keeping up on what was going on. Is this the actual end? What was the whole deal with the little girl doing the pet sematary thing with her little brother? That went absolutely nowhere. What was the point of even having it in there?

What are Ring Entities? I guess I just don't remember that from before. What happened there? Holden shot some stuff and woke them up and they just killed the bad guys and went back to sleep? I don't get it at all.

What happened with all the protomolecule story? Now it is just like a side story. I thought that was what the whole show was about.

Other than the Paul Stanley looking guy, I really couldn't keep track of who was a good guy and who was a bad guy.

I really enjoyed the show, but I really had a hard time understanding the full story.

SPOILER ALERT!!

Ok, so I finished off this yesterday and I have to admit I'm a bit confused. I've never read the books, so the show is all I have to go on. Maybe I'm just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had a real problem with keeping up on what was going on. Is this the actual end? What was the whole deal with the little girl doing the pet sematary thing with her little brother? That went absolutely nowhere. What was the point of even having it in there?

What are Ring Entities? I guess I just don't remember that from before. What happened there? Holden shot some stuff and woke them up and they just killed the bad guys and went back to sleep? I don't get it at all.

What happened with all the protomolecule story? Now it is just like a side story. I thought that was what the whole show was about.

Other than the Paul Stanley looking guy, I really couldn't keep track of who was a good guy and who was a bad guy.

I really enjoyed the show, but I really had a hard time understanding the full story.
The protomolecule, the ring entities, and the whole ‘pet cemetery’ thing are all plot line form the last three books. The show was setting up future plots, but it looks like we’re not going to see them played out.

The protomolecule, the ring entities, and the whole ‘pet cemetery’ thing are all plot line form the last three books. The show was setting up future plots, but it looks like we’re not going to see them played out.

Which I thought was stupid because they knew this was their last season. They could have cut a lot of that out and spent the limited time they had on things that the viewing audience actually cared about.

As I understand it, there might be plans to do something with the last 3 books, but it probably won't happen for a while.

I do highly recommend the books. I came to the show first and although I enjoyed it, I couldn't tell you who was who initially. Reading the books, although they're different enough to be their own experience, they really helped me solidify my connections to the characters and get emotionally invested in them.

As I understand it, there might be plans to do something with the last 3 books, but it probably won't happen for a while.

I do highly recommend the books. I came to the show first and although I enjoyed it, I couldn't tell you who was who initially. Reading the books, although they're different enough to be their own experience, they really helped me solidify my connections to the characters and get emotionally invested in them.
Agreed. I watched season 1, then started the books. Different enough that I could watch and read and keep them separated in my head. But yeah, definitely go read the books, a lot more complexity, and it’s going to be the only way to get answers for a while it would seem

The last book was just published, and man what an ending! It was a bit controversial, but I think it all makes sense. Are we allowed to talk about the books in this thread? Spoilers ahead if we do... if not, we should start its own thread

The last book was just published, and man what an ending! It was a bit controversial, but I think it all makes sense. Are we allowed to talk about the books in this thread? Spoilers ahead if we do... if not, we should start its own thread
I liked it, but I know a lot of people didn’t.

I do think it’s worth it’s own thread if you want to post spoilers

Alright guys, let’s have at it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back