Amazon's The Expanse

Re: SyFy's The Expanse

Nice hint at the end of something being there during transitions that they totally ignored for a couple books since they had it attack one of the ships in that rogue fleet at the end of the war. Wow, long sentence.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

That was amazing! I commented to my husband that if Amazon hadn't swooped in to save the day (Thank GOD they did!), this would have made for a very satisfying series end. That said... I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR WHAT'S COMING!

My red-eyed, tired wife is happily upset with me for getting her into this show. What did it was them rescuing the kids from Mao-engele. She was literally up all night binging. I told her 'You got the laundry all done, you don't have to cook tonight, go ahead and sleep until I get home at 4." She said "Ok after a couple more episodes."

Now that they've got the Amazon pickup and upon reflection after finishing season 3 I think it's going to end up feeling oddly paced on rewatches. It really feels like they knew the end was coming so they wrapped everything up at a brisk pace. I'm curious how I will feel watching it uninterrupted by commercial but some things like Diogo & Co. with the armor just felt flat cinematically. A lot of the tension that they had with the CW arc wasn't brought forward in the AG material. On a silly level I'm also disappointed at how clean the engineering deck was on The Behemoth, but that's probably because I picture the inner workings of every ship as looking like The Nostromo when I read the books. Cant wait to see how they adapt CB for season 4 and I hope to see some familiar faces subbed into arcs that weren't necessarily theirs in the books.

I'm about halfway through season 3. I've been watching it on Vudu. When it was on SyFy was any of the language beeped out? This show has some serious R-rated cussing in it. Did all the F-bombs, Gdamns and "bad word for poop" make onto Syfy?

In the first couple seasons, it aired after 10pm, so the cursing went in uncensored. After they moved it to 9pm, it was more "family hour" so awkward cursing replacements abounded.

I just wish they would sub in words like "hell" instead of using "frig" regardless of how the mouth matches

I was meaning on SyFy, but really that gripe doesn't matter anymore! Can't wait to see all of these broadcast issues fall to the wayside.

It doesn't help that Amazon just raised the price of Prime. Or is about to raise it, I'm not sure.

If you don't like the annual price of Prime I believe that you can simply subscribe for a month, binge watch The Expanse, then cancel it until the next season airs. But honestly, I don't get Prime for the videos, I get it for the free shipping, the videos are just a bonus. As a bonus you can also get free Twitch (Prime?) susbscription with your Prime subscription which allows you to get free games every month.

If you don't like the annual price of Prime I believe that you can simply subscribe for a month, binge watch The Expanse, then cancel it until the next season airs. But honestly, I don't get Prime for the videos, I get it for the free shipping, the videos are just a bonus. As a bonus you can also get free Twitch (Prime?) susbscription with your Prime subscription which allows you to get free games every month.
I'm the same way, I just have it for free shipping and "The Grand Tour". I fully expect to not find anything on Prime Day.

I'm the same way, I just have it for free shipping and "The Grand Tour". I fully expect to not find anything on Prime Day.

I have never, in all the years I've been a Prime member, found a single thing on Prime Day. It's just a waste. It's a way to get rid of all of the stuff they can't sell otherwise. I don't even look anymore. I know I'll be disappointed.

While scrolling through the list of threads it occurred to me that the title of this thread will need to be changed.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Got the third season blurays a few weeks back and decided to do a complete 3 season rewatch. Incredible. The series just gets better as it goes. Did a good job of integrating all the characters as well as streamlining them, though the first half of Abbadons Gate got basically cut. I suppose they were uncertain about renewal so they decided fast forward season 3 to get to the WOW ending of the book's climax.

Just started reading Cibola Burn and I haven''t been excited for a SF series in quite a while, It reminds me of heady days of early BSG or Babylon 5.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back