Amazon's Lord of the Rings (tv series)

And you have now to make the Chinese happy or else:ninja::devil:
I dont think the Chinese would care that much about LotR just like they dont care about Star Wars.

And Im guessing even Chinese fans would prefer a more faithful adaptation of a work that a screwed version with "empowerment" politics.

I really dont understand why studios think its a good idea to try to "change" work to fit with modern sentiments as opposed to recognizing their literary merit for what it was as a reflection of the times.

Wipe away the racism in "To Kill a Mockingbird" and you get a subpar tale about a random dude that got falsely accused. Change the ending so the guy goes free and you lose the point that the justice system is man-made and injustice can be dealt out unfairly because the system itself is corrupt.

LotR may not be as blatant in their social messaging but that doesnt mean its a relic that needs "updating"

LOTRWOke.jpg

This is to my understanding a fan made photoshop of a new halfling/ hobbit character. The original image is Bilbo but with the new actors head swapped in because there is no officially released character image. I just find the photoshop work hilarious because it's so apparent.

This is to my understanding a fan made photoshop of a new halfling/ hobbit character. The original image is Bilbo but with the new actors head swapped in because there is no officially released character image. I just find the photoshop work hilarious because it's so apparent.
Yeah, it's a photoshop. And I believe they can't use any of the previous weapon designs either.

Lenny Henry, the guy in that image, is pretty much part of the establishment in the UK. Dude's been working in industry for 40+ years, has a Lifetime Achievement Award and has a literal Knighthood. I don't really get this 'next big star' nonsense.
Not sure if you're addressing me or the quote from theonering net.

I'm not familiar with Henry's work. I was responding to the quote which seemed to proclaim the cast of the show will be the "next big stars". Perhaps they meant it as they're the next established big stars to participate in Middle-Earth. If that's the case, it wasn't worded very well. As I said, I'm not familiar with any of the actors on the show, let alone Henry, so it's difficult to interpret their statement as the latter.

In this day and age, what does a literal knighthood even mean? The Queen taps him on the shoulder and he gets a worthless title?

In this day and age, what does a literal knighthood even mean? The Queen taps him on the shoulder and he gets a worthless title?
It's like a lot of other honors, it's just an honor, they're not meant to have any real tangible benefits other than the honor of receiving the title or medal itself.

Probably not for knighthoods but there are people who try to get around the strict requirements for titles. There's a company out there selling one-square-foot plots of land, I think in Wales, so that people can be lords and ladies. I don't think that was really the intent.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back