amazing spiderman (pre spandex suit) UPDATE PAGE 2 new mask texture

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by sp1derman, May 22, 2012.

1. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] (looks like the same suit im wondering if this is homage to venom with the all black and maybe at first he takes the powers for granted and is slightly darker)

i threw this together because i just made a replica of his webshooter :) sorry for bad pics its not meant to be accurate just fun

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. MinginDub

MinginDub New Member

Re: the new amazing spiderman (pre spandex suit) costume sunglasses beannie ect

Very cool. I hadn't seen this pic yet. Like a street thug spidey

3. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

You really should make the mask more accurate, there is a lot of potential to this costume, jacket is perfect, sunglasses match the hood, and boy.. those web-shooters are the real deal. I'm sure you can make a more accurate mask, looking forward to it. Great job overall

4. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

the mask is just an inside out zentai mask i plan to ask one to be printed im quite lucky the jacket and glasses where just lying around the beenie needs to be replaces and the shooter is even better now :) thanks for the comments guys

5. outofcontrolreb

outofcontrolreb Member

Looks really cool.

6. Mystery

Ahh, I was wondering why the stitch marks were on the outside xD, any chance you are going to make a run with the web-shooters? and do they light up, when pressed the button?

7. Equinox

Equinox Active Member

Pretty cool!
    The web-shooter looks nice too! Any chance you could give us the type of jacket? The one you used seems pretty similar to the one used in the movie. (A little off topic-looking at the movie prototype suit; it looks like the mask is the same material as the official suit minus the webbing and lenses. Could be, could not. Just wanted to make that observation)

8. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

the shooter has no working parts and cost me 0 money i dont have the correct stuff to make an exact one again but i could do a labeled tutorial of how to make it its incredibly simple the middle bit is just a picture. let me know if a tutorial would be helpful check out my other posts it shows the eyes ive made and the costume shooters i make everything on a really tight budget so its all very simple household stuff

9. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

i think its called a cotton bomber jacket its from topman but that was 8 years ago i've had it since i was 11 lol
    simialr too Mens Black Core Military Bomber Jacket M L XL XXL thick suede cotton | eBay

or

New Mens Army Green Harrington Bomber Hustler Jacket L XL XXL 3XL suede cotton | eBay but in black

the mask i am certain is the same one he has and i have a feeling from what i've read hes making the costume and isnt finished before uncle bens death so he just throws the mask and glasses ect on and goes after him this is just my theory though :)

10. Mystery

thanks for the info, yeah I'm gonna go to a costume party and was thinking of goin as proto spidy (I don't have much of a budget right now xD) so a tutorial would be really helpful :)

11. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

tutorial any questions just ask

12. stevechewbacca

stevechewbacca Active Member

Re: amazing PROTO spiderman (pre spandex suit) +budget webshooter tutorial

haha ! great !
    I think you can make a better mask but this version is a really good idea and your webshooters are great ! :p

13. meogia123

meogia123 New Member

Amazing. He like a street thug ....:))
    Great !! :))

14. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

my next project :D

15. tylerswim23

tylerswim23 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one, besides you, who thinks that's actually kinda cool that its a utility belt in the shape of the original suit "belt"

16. Mystery

Thank you so much for the tut.

17. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

thats why i love it starting it in the next few days :)

18. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

no worries man

19. BobbyS95

BobbyS95 Well-Known Member

Re: amazing spiderman (pre spandex suit) +budget webshooter tutorial+more reference p

You are amazing for posting that tutorial. And does he wear the belt in the movie? I know from some screenshots and gameplay that he wears it in the video game.

20. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

Re: amazing spiderman (pre spandex suit) +budget webshooter tutorial+more reference p

its no issue mate :) and im not sure tbh i have a feeling they may bring it into the sequel as the games is meant to be a sequel not really sure i just saw it in the game trailer and loved it and for comicon my GF is going as black cat as she appears in the game so it works out great lol

21. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

BTW if anyone makes one using this tutorial please post on here would love to see how other people have done it :)

22. BobbyS95

BobbyS95 Well-Known Member

What kind of watch did you use for yours?

23. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

an animal Velcro watch my big bro gave me cuz he hated it like 10 years agi i only wear one watch now omega planet ocean 007 style lol so i smashed up 4 watches till i got the best look for the shooter

24. Equinox

Equinox Active Member

Well I have one idea for the belt since I would also like to try my hand at making it. I hope you don't mind me sharing my ideas just in case you like them or something. Just want to help out in some way.
    For the Spidey belt I was thinking of making it by modifying my, very old, Batman Begins utility belt. You know, a paint job for the red "box" shapes and blue for the actual belt. And maybe throw in an LED or more in the middle for the Spidey Light :D

That's kind of my idea for now, though not sure if I'll maybe build it from scratch to achieve that Video Game look. (For me the belt would probably be to pin my contestant number in the costume competition. Wouldn't want to ruin an awesome Spidey suit if I have one by Comic-Con ;) ) Best of luck with the belt; looking forward to see how you work it out and I'll probably post some pics of my proto webshooters using your template. Oh and thanks for the info on the jackets :)

25. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

it no problem always been taught to share my plan is to have a blue belt (already done) make the buckle and the 2 diagonal strips that connect the buckle made of rubber. then 4 cigarette cases sprayed red stuck accordingly. the belt will be lined with earth magnets and i will have a belt underneath the costume covered in magnets so that the belt will clip around my waist without having to do up to achieve the spidey look.

look forward to seeing your take on my tutorial want a good suit taylormcmanu is your man

26. Gabe

Gabe New Member

my prototype (still working on it.

27. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

mate please tell me ow you did the center piece with the ring around it and the green light section

28. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

29. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

30. GammaGreen

GammaGreen Member

Pretty darn good!

31. Mystery

A massive improvement mate!

32. golgotha000

golgotha000 Member