1. Welcome to the Want to Buy Forum!

The name of this forum alone is self explanatory. What you may not know is that any member can post a WTB request, but only Premium Members are able to respond to those requests. Why? Because this sub-forum is, at its heart, a sales forum, only Premium Members can advertise their wares and services by responding to WTB requests.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Want to Buy Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit on a budget

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by 2099thdoctor, Aug 23, 2015.

1. 2099thdoctor

2099thdoctor New Member

Hello RPFers, here's hoping one of you are able to help me out. I'm a long-time lurker on RPF, and fairly recent member, and I've really liked the stuff I've seen around here. Recently I've started looking at making my own Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit, but the results have been less than stellar. Mainly what I'm looking for is a mostly screen-accurate Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit, with the price preferably being around $100-$150. I know this is probably pretty cheap, but right now I don't have a lot of money to toss around on this kind of thing. I would like to have a well-fitted suit with soles, hard eyepieces, raised webbing (this is preferable but not necessary), and possibly a face shell. If interested, you can just respond to me and I can provide whatever measurements are needed. Thanks!

2. TJack

TJack Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

With your budget, I think your only option is to go the zentai route. I'm doubtful you will find anyone who would be willing to do raised webbing on your suit without eating up most if not all of your budget - this is something you will probably have to do on your own.

If you want to save a few $$ on a set of asm2 lenses, I have some mistints of my budget style that I can hook you up with (you'd have to paint them) but you'd need to make your own domes for the lenses. There are a few tutorials on here - jeck13500 has a good one - on how to make the domes from pop bottles. I don't currently have any b cast faceshells but when I do get one I toss it on the junkyard so you can always watch for one there.

Hope this helps some.

3. 2099thdoctor

2099thdoctor New Member

Thanks for your reply! Going off what I've described, what would be a more reasonable price range for a suit like that?

4. TJack

TJack Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't speak for other sellers here but my shells are $60 and if you went with one of the mistint sets of my budget asm2 frames, I'd sell you some for $10. I've been told you can get a decent zentai suit - sewn and shipped for about $100. I'm not sure which sites out there are reputable at this time (some are using stolen suit files from members here) so you may need to do some research.

Soles can be made from aqua shoes or even plasti-dip - I've done this with a couple suits and liked the results.

If you still want raised webs, the cheapest option is for you to get some puffy paint and do them yourself.

If you take a look through the mavel section there are tons of great threads from members here on how they have done budget builds. A lot of the suits turned out really nice without breaking the bank. You can easily put together a semi-accurate suit (recognizable to those who can tell the difference between the various suits) in the $200 range. Keep in mind that the more accurate you want to be, the more it's going to cost.