Amadeus Costume help

gmcuesta

Hello RPF community!

I'm a new member to this site, although I have used it before. I hope to become active in the community now.

Anyway, with Halloween coming up, I searched far and wide for the best characters I love. I thought through Star Lord, Han Solo, and even Ferris Bueller. Then I thought of dressing as Amadeus Mozart from the film Amadeus.
81_Amadeus.jpg

I searched the web for wigs, but I didn't find much other than cheap, shiny plastic wigs. As much as I wanted to dress as this awesome character, I wanted to also do justice to him. I then looked into dressing as the haunting figure of Amadeus' dead father.
commissioning.jpg

I thought this would be simple since it's just an all black costume with a tricorn hat, a mask, a robe, and some other pieces of wardrobe, as well as being easily recognizable. Unfortunately, I found nothing even remotely closed to the mask from the film.

So if anyone has any references, sources or suggestions to help me with either of these costumes I would be so grateful. I know Halloween's coming up soon, but I also just wanna learn what I could do.

Thanks

A few years back I made an attempt at the death mask for a friend that was a HUGE fan of the movie.

100_0462.JPG100_0458.JPG100_0457.JPG

the happy/sad masks WERE the tricky part. I had found a single, generic face mask at the Spirit Halloween store, but it bothered me to not get the contrasting emotions, so after some extensive searching on google, I managed to find something similar, which made all the difference in the world.

IMG_0333.JPG

Last edited:
A few years back I made an attempt at the death mask for a friend that was a HUGE fan of the movie.

View attachment 773421View attachment 773420View attachment 773422

the happy/sad masks WERE the tricky part. I had found a single, generic face mask at the Spirit Halloween store, but it bothered me to not get the contrasting emotions, so after some extensive searching on google, I managed to find something similar, which made all the difference in the world.

View attachment 773423
This is valuable information. But would you be so kind and tell me, please, how did you find this mask on the internet? I mean website, link, etc... Thank you!

Very interested in this build. Love the movie and have thought about doing this costume.

The other option for a mask might be to have a 3D modeler make the mask and then 3D print it. I have had luck finding 3D modelers on Upwork. You could provide reference pics and get a near identical mask made. The nice thing about Upwork is you can do the project with milestones and you don’t pay until the project is completed to your satisfaction. Don‘t be afraid to use makers outside the US. I used one from Eastern Europe and a maker from Italy. Just make sure you indicated that they need to be fluent in English if you don’t speak other languages. You can submit the project with your detailed requirements and budget and makers will bid on your job. You can then look at their work and ratings and pick the one you like best.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back