Am I the only one that hates superhero movies (rant)?

Another thing that hampers most Superhero movies is the dreaded origin story.

You've got to waste half the movie on the un-initiated.

If I have to sit through one more "director's vision" of the Batman origin, I'll join Birdie in the haters room.

First off, I still like them.

I do agree that the Batman Begins origin formula is starting to get overused, X-men First Class, Captain America, an upcoming Superman reboot, I like these movies but how long can it last before it won't interest anymore? Market flood is going to work against it eventually.

So...just like in the comics, right Jeyl?

Mic, that is the thing that will annoy me about the Spidey reboot. We already know the origin, but of course, we will get to sit through one more iteration of it....yay!

I'm another who is bored senseless by the big blockbuster superhero films... then along comes something like Kickass or V for Vendetta, and I conclude there's still life in the old dog yet.

It just takes a bit of originality and creativity.

Unfortunately most superhero films are all very formulaic. 1st Act: Someone is struck by gamma rays (or some such nonsense) Act 2 they discover their powers, then refine them. Act 3 they fight a Super villain for 30 minutes. Get the girl, save the day, yawn, yawn, yawn...

However it doesn't have to be like this.
There's still hope.
Dave

I still love them and The Avengers may be the best of the lot yet. Sure there are always going to be turkeys like Green Lantern and Hulk, but for every one of those there is a Dark Knight, Iron Man or Spider-Man 2. I think the genre is stronger than ever right now and I hope they keep it up!

If you removed the last 10 minutes and replaced any scene with a dog or Nick Nolte, with The Hulk smashing something, that first Hulk movie would be just fine.

You're not the only one. I didn't get it as a kid and I get it even less as an adult. Even as a child, when my friends were into comic books and the stupid superhero cartoons I remember asking, "Why are you watching this crap?!" and quickly heading for the outdoors. I found it ceaselessly dull and too dumbed down even for kids to have any interest. We all have our guilty pleasures, so I don't begrudge anyone their interest in them. The passion for them simply confounds me. This new generation of movies? I don't even have the words. We sat through the avengers one night for lack of anything else to do and it was the second movie that I've ever fallen asleep during in my entire life. People obviously loved it. They love McDonald's, too.

I don't hate superhero movies, just poorly done films, unfortunatley ALOT of recent superhero films fall into that catagory. The good ones aren't good because they are "superhero" films, usually they are character driven.
Just a few would be
GOOD:
Kick-A**
Ultra Violet
Watchmen
Incredibles
TDK
Unbreakable
Ironman
V for Vendetta
Superman (1st)
X-Men 1st class

BAD:
Superman 2 (theatrical release)
Ironman 2
Batman
Batman returns
The Hulk (reboot)
X-Men 3
Fantastic 4
The Avengers

UGLY:
Batman forever
Batman & Robin
Superman 3 and 4
The Hulk
Thor
The Phantom

IMHO :lol

Thats what I liked about Tim Burton's Batman... He is already fighting crime at the begining of the movie, with a quick flashback to why he becomes Batman later in the film

i hate tyler perry movies, and in general the rom-com movies hollywood makes...

i just dont watch them....

:behave

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back