Always A First For Everything

Air Elmo66

I've been making a Predator Suit for the past month and a 1/2 already. Trying to finish it before Halloween. Made the armor out of tin. Yes tin!! And bought parts here and there. Thanks to Nucking Futs. He help me put together the parts I needed . Thanks dude your the best. This is my first time building and doing something like this. I never used an airbrush in my entire life. I'm just doing this on natural artistic talent. Just finished my suit. Its a beige Lycra suit. Used airbrush. I was aware that a few people said that airbrush does not work well with Lyra spandex. I think that was a false statement. Take a look and tell me if you think the same. I will be posting more pics of my suit as soon as I'm completely finish.

CIMG1554.JPG

CIMG1556.JPG

CIMG1557.JPG

CIMG1558.JPG

CIMG1559.JPG

CIMG1560.JPG

CIMG1561.JPG

CIMG1562.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
your well on the way mate, gota see pics of the tin armour though!!!! thats a sexual postion youve got your mannequinn in!!! lol

your well on the way mate, gota see pics of the tin armour though!!!! thats a sexual postion youve got your mannequinn in!!! lol

I know it was the only mannequin I could find that was on Craigslist at the last minute that was very cheap. It was only $75 bucks. I will replace it in the near future. Thanks dude.

I too used lycra for my first body suit when I was on an extreme budget, I actually used walmart spraypaint to paint it, and it worked out pretty well considering. That airbrushing looks pretty good, and your manniquen's got a great ass!

I too used lycra for my first body suit when I was on an extreme budget, I actually used walmart spraypaint to paint it, and it worked out pretty well considering. That airbrushing looks pretty good, and your manniquen's got a great ass!

Hhaaa Haaa. Thats funny. Bought the suit off of Ebay. Someone in China made it for $32. including shipping. Mother In law is sewing the net onto the suit. Can't wait to see it. Will post soon.

very nice airbrush job dude, gives me hope. i'll be getting one soon. i never used one before either.

Actually im impress myself. I know how to draw but it was my first time using an airbrush. Actually I was scared because if I messed up I would be out of a suit. But It all worked out well. Airbrush is the way to go!!!

AirElmo

Very good job on your first airbrushing! It really has good contrast.

What paints did you use?

I did a similar thing with my suit, only it is cotton/lycra not nylon/lycra, and I think the cotton made the paint look subdued and not bright like yours... I will try to darken mine and use less dilution of the paint... I used fabric paint that can be used in the airbrush, the brand I used is Createx.

---
Ei'luj

I used the same brand Createx. I actually used a little bit of acrylic paint just a touch and mostly opaque and pearlized finish. It really brought out the colors in the suit. But I think the secret is actually the suit. It started out beige. It actually grabbed the paint very well. Im impressed. What color was your suit when you started??

really good work. way to show that Lycra is usable. If I can find a decently priced one I may give it a try. I think that would fit a little better.

Excellent suit! I may be in the future looking at switching out my cotton spandex skin, although it still looks very good, would you be willing to paint one up for someone else down the road?

very nice work mate. I dropped you a PM I had a few questions about the suit. I like the work you did on it. I'm handy with an air brush but this will be a first with me. I cant wait to find a suit and get my mannequin out of the top of the garage so I can get started on this project. I feel like a kid building his first model again.

Very well done! It's gotta stay cooler than a full latex suit, as well. That alone is a big plus. Your paintjob is fantastic, being on cloth and all.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back