Aluminum Rocketeer Rocketpack

Lapddave

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Last year I had the opportunity to purchase an aluminum rocketpack from David J. Guyton at Armor Templates. It was his 4th out of a 10 rocketpack build. It was, as he put it in the COA that he included with it, a faithful representation of the rocketpack we have all come to love and drool over that we saw in 'The Rocketeer.' It is not entirely screen accurate and only a finhead would most likely spot the differences, but it is one of very very few made out aluminum and not resin. Dave Guyton then had someone share with him their screen accurate resin pack and he went on to make a closer, more screen accurate rocketpack. Working with aluminum has its limitations and so the new rocketpacks are still not one-hundred percent screen accurate but I immediately thought, I have to have THAT one! I was lucky enough to pick up a side gig and make enough money to buy the new style of pack Dave was building. His 10th before retiring from making them...at least for now. I can't speak for him. I lost the battle with my wife in keeping both of them, so if anyone is interested, my original one (number 4) is being sold via an online auction in about 12 days (Custom Disney Rocketeer Rocketpack Replica (#0076) on Aug 14, 2021 | Grand Circle Tour Auctions in CA). I also created a plaque for the new rocketpack. See photos below of the new pack and plaque. Dave Guyton included a southbeach leather harness which is beautiful, but the straps are a little too lengthy and the leather not as sturdy as I'd like, so I'm also in the process of getting a custom one made. Will post photos of that as well.

I plan to add a light and sound kit to the pack by Valor Replicas shortly as well as either doing a build of the gloves or waiting on Magnoli to finish assembly of his and then purchasing them from him. I'll post those updates when I get around to finishing up those projects. In the meantime, what are you all working on with respect to your Rocketeer collections?

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 0-1.jpeg
    0-1.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 0-2.jpeg
    0-2.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 0-4.jpeg
    0-4.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 0-3.jpeg
    0-3.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back