Aluminum Motherboard Upgrade for Haslab Proton Pack

Kenblomi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Aluminum motherboard upgrades for the Haslab Proton pack are now available to order here...

No Ghosts <click here

We are offering these 3 base kits with the option to have any additional custom holes you may desire added by us as well (such as speaker holes or charge port holes or whatever you need) as well as an option to have it painted flat black. I believe we have managed to please just about everyone needs with these options.

Attachments

• PD AL Hero Mobo.jpg
    PD AL Hero Mobo.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 357
  • DIY 84-89 Blank Mobo.jpg
    DIY 84-89 Blank Mobo.jpg
    942.7 KB · Views: 308
  • PD H-Lab Mount Mobo.jpg
    PD H-Lab Mount Mobo.jpg
    982.9 KB · Views: 357
  • 20230206_034020.jpg
    20230206_034020.jpg
    816.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 20230206_034049.jpg
    20230206_034049.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Click on the text that says "No Ghost" That is the link to the listing on our website and all has the prices listed.

Kenblomi What are the Pros of getting the HLab mount over the Hero Mount? I was thinking of getting the Hero Mount since I would rather have motherboard and the way it attaches to the Alice frame match closer to the hero pack... I was thinking the hero installation would be straight forward but wanted to make sure I am making the right choice, thanks

Kenblomi What are the Pros of getting the HLab mount over the Hero Mount? I was thinking of getting the Hero Mount since I would rather have motherboard and the way it attaches to the Alice frame match closer to the hero pack... I was thinking the hero installation would be straight forward but wanted to make sure I am making the right choice, thanks

Fully replacing with the AL Hero mobo...
Pros.. More accurate to what was used/seen in the movie, uses the L bracket mounting system which makes it much easier to take the mobo off and on and get access to the inside of the pack, frees up space where the D battery holder would be allowing you to mount another speaker, powersource, or whatever you'd like. Looks super sexy.
Cons.. Requires you to drill 2 holes in the center bar of the alice frame and 1 holes on the inside ceiling wall of the snack box for the L bracket. Will also require a replacement battery holder or alternate power source such as a talent cell.

Has-lab mount overlay...
Pros... Doesnt require any extra hole drilling in the pack or alice frame, allows you to continue to use the d battery holder on the current hasbro backing. Still looks pretty sexy.
Cons... Not as screen accurate/sexy as the hero since you're still using the hasbro brackets to mount the frame, and doesn't help make it any easier to get inside the pack. Bracket spacers are not included (but can still be used)

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Fully replacing with the AL Hero mobo...
Pros.. More accurate to what was used/seen in the movie, uses the L bracket mounting system which makes it much easier to take the mobo off and on and get access to the inside of the pack, frees up space where the D battery holder would be allowing you to mount another speaker, powersource, or whatever you'd like. Looks super sexy.
Cons.. Requires you to drill 2 holes in the center bar of the alice frame and 1 holes on the inside ceiling wall of the snack box for the L bracket. Will also require a replacement battery holder or alternate power source such as a talent cell.

Has-lab mount overlay...
Pros... Doesnt require any extra hole drilling in the pack or alice frame, allows you to continue to use the d battery holder on the current hasbro backing. Still looks pretty sexy.
Cons... Not as screen accurate/sexy as the hero since you're still using the hasbro brackets to mount the frame, and doesn't help make it any easier to get inside the pack. Bracket spacers are not included (but can still be used)

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Ok so the AL Hero you can no longer use D batteries for the powersource, have you seen spongeface keep alive board video he is working on? looks like there will be an option to use a differnt powersource and looks like hes putting the power source by the snack box, (probably easy to access to recharge and turn on power block), you think that would work? not sure how much the L bracket would be using up in the snack box
Thanks

Ok so the AL Hero you can no longer use D batteries for the powersource, have you seen spongeface keep alive board video he is working on? looks like there will be an option to use a differnt powersource and looks like hes putting the power source by the snack box, (probably easy to access to recharge and turn on power block), you think that would work? not sure how much the L bracket would be using up in the snack box
Thanks
Yeah that will be fine... The L bracket is actually above the snackbox.

"Cons.. Requires you to drill 2 holes in the center bar of the alice frame and 1 holes on the inside ceiling wall of the snack box for the L bracket. Will also require a replacement battery holder or alternate power source such as a talent cell."

OKay, I completely missed this information when I ordered. Why is it that a replacement battery holder will be needed?

Thanks!

"Cons.. Requires you to drill 2 holes in the center bar of the alice frame and 1 holes on the inside ceiling wall of the snack box for the L bracket. Will also require a replacement battery holder or alternate power source such as a talent cell."

OKay, I completely missed this information when I ordered. Why is it that a replacement battery holder will be needed?

Thanks!
Because the existing battery holder is moulded into the Hasbro motherboard. So unless you want to cut it out and damage the original mobo you need a replacement. I ordered the $9 battery pack offered with the hero board and will probably just stick it with sticky pads or velcro to the inside of the new board or play around with accessing it through the snack box.

Because the existing battery holder is moulded into the Hasbro motherboard. So unless you want to cut it out and damage the original mobo you need a replacement. I ordered the $9 battery pack offered with the hero board and will probably just stick it with sticky pads or velcro to the inside of the new board or play around with accessing it through the snack box.
Wouldn't you still need to use the capacitor they have between the positive + red lead. That helps stop spike voltage from new batteries i believe or is a 'smoothing' cap. Or are they including one fitted to the battery box. It's not a good idea to leave it off.

I can't see from the images on the No Ghosts site if the replacement has a capacitor (I have not removed my motherboard yet so did not know it was even there) but the ad says its a direct replacement so it might already have one. If not its not a big deal to add one.

I can't see from the images on the No Ghosts site if the replacement has a capacitor (I have not removed my motherboard yet so did not know it was even there) but the ad says its a direct replacement so it might already have one. If not its not a big deal to add one.
Ok well the motherboard has a tiny pcb next to the holder with the one capacitor with a lead in and lead out. It's not a problem i'd just take it off and solder between the lead if it's not included . It's not a big deal but it's noteworthy. One of the reasons i'm getting the battery holder is because i know enough about electronics to know you do not mess with power and will stick to the batteries the circuit is designed for.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back