Limited Run Aluminum and Brass Arc Reactor Mark I cave ver KITS/completed

kursosawa

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone, 2 years ago I completed my resin/acrylic version of the Mk. I arc reactor. I was staring at it the other day and it occurred to me I could use the same templates from the acrylic/resin run and translate them into aluminum and brass. It always bugged me that I did not figure out a wireless solution to the lighting,, so i have spent the last few weeks re-designing a reactor that will accommodate a self contained system.

here is my original reactor thread

There have been minor tweaks here and there for the sake of accuracy and ease of design/construction. The reactor will be constructed from waterjet cut aluminum and brass for the gold rings inside the reactor. I will be using the same shop what cuts the claws and brackets for my deluxe sonics. The rear of the reactor will be hollow, but I will provide several discs for the end user to put whatever greeblies they want into it. I am finalizing my own electronics solution where the light will be activated by turning one of the rear rings on the reactor so there is no visible switch and batteries will be accessed my removing the 3 screws on the black center ring This also allows for whatever electronics the end user wants. I have designed the reactor to go together rather easily with the fins aligned by a series of notched rings. and the center elements aligned via 3 screws.

Arc Reactor Instructions and Parts lists

The kit will include

• clear resin ring
  • large white resin ring
  • small white resin ring
  • rear cage
  • transformers (including wires to wrap around said transformers)
  • brass ring assembly
  • central ring
  • all necessary screws and nuts
  • assembly instructions

The screwdriver will look similar to the photos below:

Recommended tools:
JB Weld
sand paper
precision metal files
hex screwdriver
black spraypaint

The only thing i have not finalized is the center aluminum ring. I am looking into getting the aluminum ring machined.

• Kit (no electronics) : $200 + shipping
  • electronics kit $10
  • completed reactor $650 (very tentative)

Shipping will be $12 for US $25 for outside the US

1. Kevin Gossett (kit) [ paid]
  2. BlueCoyote (kit) [ paid]
  3. Metalman (kit) [ paid]
  4. Metalman (completed) [paid]
  5. Endiathetos (kit) [paid]
  6. medic2410p (kit) (polished) [paid]
  7. Spheric Thor (kit) [paid]
  8. Westies14 (polished) (kit) [ paid]
  9. ataru72ita (kit) (polished) [paid]
  10. Ariannus (kit) [paid]
  11. RobI (kit/possibly completed) [paid]
  12. Bigturc (kit) (polished) [paid]
  13. Luke0312 (kit + extra parts) [ paid]
  14. Oz (kit) [paid]
  15. TomVDJ (polished) [ paid]
  16. BlindVoyeur [paid]
  17. StcMedia (polished) [ paid]
  18. Jediguy [paid]
  19. Jediguy [paid]

2nd Run
  1. andrew25rs (kits)
  2. Crsdawg (kit)
  3. FSURobbie (kit)
  4. Zalaian
  5. mbmcfarland
  6. Risu

Estimated schedule thus far is to start taking payments in February. Hopefully things will go smoother this time around with fewer delays.

As for the surprise I mentioned some time back, I am working with another member to get LASER CUT GREEN TINTED OUTER RINGS!!!!!!! They will be laser cut 3/8 acrylic, and will need polishing, But no where near as much work as the original resin outer rings. I am insanely excited about this.

If you want one of these, I will give you the name of the member handling this part but will only give this information to those who have paid their deposits on the 2nd Run. For those on the 1st run and want one of the new rings, please PM me AFTER Febuary 1st.

*Note: If at any time you wish to upgrade to a completed reactor, please PM me.

If ordering a completed reactor:
Assembling the reactors is a rather laborious process and will take two to three weeks after the parts arrive. I would like to first ship out all the kits first then work on the completed reactors.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Last edited:
Re: Aluminum and Brass Arc Reactor Mark I cave version KITS

At that price (and possibly lower) I'm in.

Also, will this fit the production cast "proof" ring that was sold here previously? And would it be possible to get the clear ring tinted to "coke bottle green"?

Last edited:

I honestly have no idea weather or not it will fit the proof ring. At its widest point, the arc reactor is 3.095 inches in diameter. As for having the resin dyed, sure thing. Ill run some casting tests in the coming weeks to test the color and show you guys the results.

I'll measure the ring in the morning and report back :thumbsup

Re: Aluminum and Brass Arc Reactor Mark I cave version KITS or completed

Looks great... depends how far in the future the run is... Always wanted one, but a LOT going on right now...

I'm interested....

- - - Updated - - -

completed reactor

sweet! Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for the interest guys! Looks like we will be proceeding with this run! I will finalize pricing in the next 2 weeks as I have a few familial obligations to tend to this week. I will not be accepting payments until 3 weeks from now at the earliest. To secure your spot, I will require a $70 deposit, and will only ask for the final payment when your item is ready to ship out. Please keep in mind that this will take longer for those who wish to order completed reactors.

I have put up a list of those interested in the first post, please indicate if you would like a completed reactor or a kit if you have not done so already. Thanks guys! I am quite excited about this project.

List updated with preferences. and bump.

For those that didn't get in on the original Proof ring run, is that an add-on you would be interested in? Not meaning to hijack, kursosawa, just thought this would be the best place to ask :thumbsup

For those that didn't get in on the original Proof ring run, is that an add-on you would be interested in? Not meaning to hijack, kursosawa, just thought this would be the best place to ask :thumbsup

Actually that sounds like a great idea!

If the interest is there I can have it drawn up and laser cut out of acrylic, then mold and cast.

Change my interest to just a kit...not finished...Thanks..

Count me in for one. But whether kit or finished please give me time to decide.

Bump. Two more and we get the price discount.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back