"Alternate" ANH Luke X-wing helmet

Kal Argos

Sr Member
I did search on the RPF but I must not have used the right word searches, so... sorry if this is a repeat.

I was just curious if there is any back story to the "alternate" ANH Luke helmet he has when he first enters the Yavin 4 hanger and when Luke talks with Han Solo before boarding his X-wing on Yavin 4. My guess is this most likely was just a prop change on a different day... "meh this is close enough"... but is there another reason why it was changed?

As Luke walks into the hanger bay he is holding a helmet similar to his iconic helmet but note the mohawk side is not red with a yellow stripe, its yellow and gray strips with black dashes.

We see a little more detail of this alternate helmet when is speaking with Han.

By the time he is speaking with Leia that Han is not going to help with the Death Star Assault its now his iconic helmet.

Anybody got the backstory on this?

entering hanger
ANH_HD_LukeXwingHero01.jpg

Talking with Han
Luke Alternate Helmet.png

Talking to Leia
luke talks to Leia.png

They were filming at breakneck speed to make the shooting schedule, so for many of these shots continuity probably went out the window.

SB

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back