Altered Carbon Props

For those working on the Envoy rifle, I am about 90% sure that the front end is this front end from a GHK G5 airsoft rifle. Luckily they sell just the front end.

View attachment 798925

View attachment 798926

https://www.evike.com/products/45158/

That's pretty close, but it's a handguard from a CZ scorpion EVO with the top portion trimmed off.

366001000703-1.png

AltCar_EB_1.jpg

That funky shape at the back end of the grip is the tell. The handguard is only about $30 from CZ custom, but they're out of stock. I have not been able to find another source for them anywhere online.

The next closest thing is a worker mod replica for a nerf gun, but it does not have that funky triangle bit at the end.

That's pretty close, but it's a handguard from a CZ scorpion EVO with the top portion trimmed off.

View attachment 799707

View attachment 799708

That funky shape at the back end of the grip is the tell. The handguard is only about $30 from CZ custom, but they're out of stock. I have not been able to find another source for them anywhere online.

The next closest thing is a worker mod replica for a nerf gun, but it does not have that funky triangle bit at the end.

Ah, nice catch! I used to own the carbine length airsoft Scorpion, I should have caught that!

Ah, nice catch! I used to own the carbine length airsoft Scorpion, I should have caught that!

The airsoft replicas I'm seeing presently are quite expensive. I was hoping that somebody might make a cheap one. Nope. I have to wonder where the production got thiers.

2 meters is a bit to little.

i have the wrong backpack but the right hardshell, and 2m is just barely enough. 2,20-2,50, cutting is easier than soldering...
Seems your right about the length, it is too short, ha, knew I should have measured, looks like I'll be ordering more.

OK finally got around to getting everything up on google drive, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l4N06M5URrddiMG5E28ImnZhcMg-4-7y heres a collection of every decent or somewhat usable screengrab I could get in 4k from the series for various props, everything is mostly organised in folders. I have various shots of the unicorn bag, guns, posters, police badge, etc.

Fantastic work Taibhse! Can I make a request for a couple of additional pics when you get the chance? Ep1 around the 38 minute mark when Ortega places the tracker on Kovacs, her police badge is lit up. Fingers crossed there's a decent image obtainable of that.https://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=164872

Last edited by a moderator:
My man, you just made life easier for making that unicorn, so looks like the unicorn use the same or close to purple as the rainbow for some details and what I thought was a light purple is actually just white highlight details and black outline, i wish there was as clear of a photo from the other side for the graffiti, screenshots from the series dont show alot of clarity

My Envoy rifle build is coming along nicely. I'm going to start a progress thread soon.

envoy_DR_1.jpg

The one aspect of the build that has been the toughest is the CZ Scoprion Evo hand guard. Just can't find one anywhere, including from CZ directly. But, I can find the pistols at local gun shops, so right now I'm planning to just go buy one of those to cast the handguard in black resin.

I'd normally just pick up an airsoft replica and use that but the airsoft guns cost nearly as much as the real deal.

So hey, I'll get a new gun out of it too. :)

My Envoy rifle build is coming along nicely. I'm going to start a progress thread soon.

View attachment 801037

The one aspect of the build that has been the toughest is the CZ Scoprion Evo hand guard. Just can't find one anywhere, including from CZ directly. But, I can find the pistols at local gun shops, so right now I'm planning to just go buy one of those to cast the handguard in black resin.

I'd normally just pick up an airsoft replica and use that but the airsoft guns cost nearly as much as the real deal.

So hey, I'll get a new gun out of it too. :)

If I could get you a handguard, would you be able to do castings? While I sold my carbine length one (wrong one for this build), I forgot that my roommate has the pistol version, which should be the right version.

I also just bought a 3d printer, but I have no idea how to model yet. Might be a good project to start with.

If I could get you a handguard, would you be able to do castings? While I sold my carbine length one (wrong one for this build), I forgot that my roommate has the pistol version, which should be the right version.

I also just bought a 3d printer, but I have no idea how to model yet. Might be a good project to start with.

Yeah I'm brand new to 3D printing as well, and suck at modeling but I checked out a few places like thingverse and was not able to find anything available for download either.

If your roommate is willing to send his handguard off to a total stranger, I would be very interested. PM me, and thank you for the offer! If not, I totally understand that. I've made up my mind anyway about buying one.

DSC_2248.JPGDSC_2234.JPG

So here is a test shell for trying to make the unicorn bag, used an air brush to try and do the stripes but the paint is too wet and soaks through the masking tape, even with clear lacquer applied before to help seal the tape. So took a trip to the shops and bought the old reliable cans of spray paint. Come tomorrow if weather permitting, I'll try and spray paint the unicorn onto the shell, see how it turns out. Might just wing it and try on the real bag.

Edit: thought I might add this to say, though maybe it would be best to start a new thread for the bag itself, it seems during shooting more than one bag was used, I'm noticing some inconsistencies in the design, namely in some shots it appears the bag has the rainbow painted edge to edge and in others it doesn't.

Last edited:
Edit: thought I might add this to say, though maybe it would be best to start a new thread for the bag itself, it seems during shooting more than one bag was used, I'm noticing some inconsistencies in the design, namely in some shots it appears the bag has the rainbow painted edge to edge and in others it doesn't.

Is there a new thread somewhere?

Pics of my finished Cortical Stack. This was the printed steel version from Shapeways. It was printed in aged steel (you can see original images earlier in thread) then buffed in steel wool and polished, a couple shades of different metallic blue were then dabbed into the recesses and sealed. The two halves were then joined by small steel pins. Since this version was printed in metal I did not want to spend years drilling he hoe out so it is a static version, working on the "shimmering" pieces now.

DSC04739.jpgDSC04740.jpgDSC04742.jpgDSC04743.jpgDSC04744.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back