Almost Human Police Robot

Tom Sheldon

Hey guys,
I was thinking about recreating one of the standard cop robots from the TV series Almost Human.
Does anyone know what parts were used for those costumes? The helmet seems very custom but the vest and jacket could be off the shelf products...
Does anyone have further information or any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Tom

ahmx-700x397.jpgb1f8d2a596dfb424410f6a70670057d2.jpgminka-kelly-new-york-city.jpg
yes, these are not the coolest pictures you can find of the mx androids, but these show the full costume somehow...

Wow thanks for the tip with the helmets! Thats awesome actually :D
And yeah... I guess for the vests I have to scan the military shops
Thanks guys!

I took some pics of the cops at the AH promotion they ran here in nyc. i don't know if they will be any help but if you want me to email them to you pm me your addy :)

Great! Those vests look close enough, thanks guys!
Any more ideas for the jacket...?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I'm not sure if they wear some kind of collar or if that is part of the jacket. Maybe they used these neck protectors for airsoft and paintball?

The New York MX's costumes pictured above are not accurate. The vests, gloves, balaclavas and most likely the pants are all wrong.

Helmet - GATHSPORTS - MARGARET RIVER, WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Jacket - Crash Pads padded jacket with full back protection

Pants - PROPPER Men's CRITICALRESPONSE? EMS Pant

Gloves - Oakley Factory Pilot® Glove w/ Leather Palm | Official Oakley Store

Vest - Elite Tactical Vest

There is also a blue light that shines through the hole in the small pocket on the upper right chest.

Any pair of black tactical boots would work.

The balaclava is made from a spandex like material that has an almost leather look to it. These are custom made.

The neck seal is neoprene and also custom made.

The jacket, as mentioned above was also used in the film, "Aeon Flux" for the police uniforms. The human tac vest, worn by John Kennex/Karl Urban appears to be the same brand as from "Underworld: Evolution" with a plate over the front with police written on it and a slight change on there left shoulder. I'll list the maker once I dig out the costume in the basement. The vest for the robot police is listed in the above post.

Last edited:
The vests appear to be Blackhawk Omega Tactical Elite vests with additional Velcro over the Blackhawk name. Two mag pouches on each side, no crossdraw holster.

1814IMG2_L.1.jpeg

BlackHawk Omega Elite Tactical Vest 1 at Galls

Except for one pesky difference: The screen-used vests have mesh on the left shoulder panel and a pouch, and not the quilted rubberized material. It could have been added later.

ahmx.jpg

Attachments

• 631876.jpg
    631876.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 163
You see no difference between this

Elite-tactical-vest4.jpg

and this?

ahmx.jpg

None whatsoever? And if nothing was changed, what happened to the two buckled straps over the zipper? Also note that the upper left pouch has Velcro and is larger than the upper right pouch.

ahmx 2.jpg

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I believe what my eyes are telling me.

You see no difference between this

View attachment 262690

and this?

View attachment 262693

None whatsoever? And if nothing was changed, what happened to the two buckled straps over the zipper? Also note that the upper left pouch has Velcro and is larger than the upper right pouch.

View attachment 262692

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I believe what my eyes are telling me.

I can see no difference. If you zoom in on the first image you can kind of see the buckle, would be better if it was higher res. The colour/texture "differences" between the first and second images I believe are post production and colour grading. As for the pouch size differences I believe is the paralaxing and camera angles (but feel free to correct me on the anyone). The only difference I can see is the blue light and the number on the left brest pocket which I think has been established as a modifications

Last edited:
Or you could compare the patterning on the right shoulder piece.

On the linked "Elite Tactical Vest" there are three curved channels descending the shoulder. On the MX vest there are seven straight vertical channels.

VERY similar, but not exact.

ahmx.jpg

Also, I'm hunting for it now, but in last week's episode there was at least one shot of a tactical vest where the "Blackhawk" brand name was NOT blacked out.

I recall seeing the name and thinking it must be the brand.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back