Alleged Screen Used Hero TOS Phaser up for auction (now the aftermath)

I have read this entire thread from it's informative and enjoyable beginnings, to the utter slow motion car crash you have successfully caused it to be.

I am frankly appalled by the behaviour you have exhibited within this thread.

I second this motion whole heartedly. A thoroughly decent thread has been ruined.
But the voluminous outright childishness is something that you are "good" with?

Exactly. This can still be a useful thread. Just ignore the nonsense. That's what I did when things started going downhill. I'm still more than happy to have civil discourse with people who have differing opinions on this piece. Those who are unable to act civilly--and use this thread to project their own apparent hang-ups onto anyone and everyone else--should simply be ignored.

Frankly, only someone who is legitimately mentally ill or has a vested interest in the outcome of this auction would have a reason to get so emotional about it. There is absolutely no call for attacks, insults, or bitter arguments, here. Spirited debate? Sure. Agreeing to disagree? Absolutely. But not spewing accusations and demanding that people present their Prop Expert ID cards.
"Useful" Gregatron? To who exactly and to what end?

So, everyone else is presenting evidence that can help make up a person's mind. But you say we should make up our minds on evidence that you have and helped you make up your mind, but we're supposed to take this evidence into account without it being presented. If this evidence you are withholding is so persuasive, how can you expect us to come to the same conclusion without it. And NO, if you want to withhold it, you do not have to show it. But you can not also expect us to take into consideration.
I have provided more than enough information to make all of you at the bare minimum doubt the veracity of those who continue to challenge my claims.

I have read this entire thread from it's informative and enjoyable beginnings, to the utter slow motion car crash you have successfully caused it to be.

I second this motion whole heartedly. A thoroughly decent thread has been ruined.

From the start I have stated there is an "Objective Truth" regarding this matter. How can a thread be: "thoroughly decent" when it is provably filled with deceit?

Not a single one of you hjs so much as entertained that this being an original is even so much as a possibility.

My continuing here is upsetting many of you who want this to be a "fake" when it isn't a "fake". Again why do those who insist it ios a fake cling to that and evidently ("close this thread") fear my continuing to say this?

Last edited:
Better idea:
Ban the troll.
Yes, it comes down to "circle the wagons we have been defeated in the realm of debate on this matter so eject the Heathen".

A troll who knows the truth is not a "Troll".

Not at all, however you have been a more than willing participant in such things.
Not at all. I have continually protested all of the juvenille behaior on here and even had JM Supp agree that much of this is childish. How about you BTTUK? What say you about the sophistry and outright elementary school level cartoons memes GIFs etc?

From the start I have stated there is an "Objective Truth" regarding this matter.

Not a single one of you hjs so much as entertained that this being an original is even so much as a possibility.

My continuing here is upsetting many of you who want this to be a "fake" when it isn't a "fake". Again why do those who insist it ios a fake cling to that and evidently ("close this thread") fear my continuing to say this?
Not true at all. Many of us have explicity stated that until hard evidence is provided to the contrary, we are still very much open to it being genuine. In fact I could be so bold to say all of us would dearly love it to be genuine.

Our contention is, so far, there is nothing that is beyond refute that we can see, discuss or analyse that makes our desire become reality.

"Saying something is true, is not the same as demonstrating that it is so". The opposite is equally true.

Not at all. I have continually protested all of the juvenille behaior on here and even had JM Supp agree that much of this is childish. How about you BTTUK? What say you about the sophistry and outright elementary school level cartoons memes GIFs etc?
I say nothing beyond what I have already said. Whataboutery is something that holds no interest for me...

Evidence As Presented:

1) Observe and note the compound curves the contours in image 3 #1 post. Show me any replica that has captured those elusive curves.

2) Why has no one mentioned the interior interchangeability of components.

3) The paint is 52 years old and paint oxidizes and deteriorates, yet matches when seen in one's hand and equal weights in one's hand.

4) That the grips functionally plug into each-other, impossible if made separately.

And a lot more.

Since this is somewhat lucid and actually on topic, I'll take a crack at these...
1) Observed. Noted. Have you seen the Wand Co. phaser before? Because if so it'll save the trouble of posting a pic of it.
2) Have we seen any "interior interchangeability" to comment on?
3) Matches how? Certainly not in color...
4) I think it is far from "impossible" to make a thin metal plate that has a slot cut to fit the shape of an off-the-shelf electrical part.

If there really is "a lot more" it might be worth adding to that list, because those four details are not persuasive.

4) That the grips functionally plug into each-other, impossible if made separately.
The only vital component here is the twist plugs, which are commercially made with the intent of fitting together. My handle would also fit, this proves nothing.

1) Observe and note the compound curves the contours in image 3 #1 post. Show me any replica that has captured those elusive curves.
There is nothing in this photo that hasn't been seen in dozens of others.

Not true at all. Many of us have explicity stated that until hard evidence is provided to the contrary, we are still very much open to it being genuine. In fact I could be so bold to say all of us would dearly love it to be genuine.

Our contention is, so far, there is nothing that is beyond refute that we can see, discuss or analyse that makes our desire become reality.

"Saying something is true, is not the same as demonstrating that it is so". The opposite is equally true.

...and Bingo was his name-o!

But apparently this quite reasonable stance is a high crime in the eyes of some.

The solution is clear. There has been one consistently disruptive and insulting person throughout this otherwise informative and interesting thread. Do we need to point to the door?

I have provided more than enough information to make all of you at the bare minimum doubt the veracity of those who continue to challenge my claims.
He just gave you all that is needed.

He IS trying to control the narrative and it is HIS claim which I interpret to mean he was the "expert" for Heritage.

The only vital component here is the twist plugs, which are commercially made with the intent of fitting together. My handle would also fit, this proves nothing.

There is nothing in this photo that hasn't been seen in dozens of others.
These are both very salient points.

"Useful" Gregatron? To who exactly and to what end?

You challenge everyone else's claims, but say no one has the right to challenge YOUR claims ? That's why some people are listening to you, but some aren't. The discussion is really over. Let everyone decide for themselves now. That would be civil.

Last edited:
The level of repetition is getting bothersome, Mr. Lubliner. I now do not care to ever read the terms ad-hominem or objective truth again. You berating other people's opinion and acquired knowledge of these matters accomplishes nothing, since neither side can prove their points conclusively, which is what will determine it's fate at auction. Heritage has been proven wrong in the past and taken the necessary steps to remedy the buyers. I remember a certain Jurassic artifact Jim Halperin was misled on source, that turned out in the end to be not what he was told, and get reversed. Some of you might remember the LA PROP fiasco that was also corrected. The Heritage COA does mean something, but for the auction house to walk away from this lot, the evidence would have to be pretty conclusive it is wrong - a point neither side is close to achieving, as yet. The bidders will make the final determination and accept the risk that the large sum of money expended could be for naught, but then there is that COA. Of course, to reverse the sale, the claim will have to contain some serious facts proving the piece is not as described. Speculation does not constitute a claim.

In the final analysis, what is said here has very little bearing on the outcome. Past experience has shown that the folks who spend this amount of money are just not here. We have seen this with light sabers and Wizard Of Oz glass balls and so many other 'treasures'. There is no reason for consensus here. We are not the jury litigating a case; there is no reason for anyone to be browbeaten into submission.

I, for one, enjoy the level of expertise and the observation made by our members. As a kind of an outsider in this area, I am very impressed with them.

It's difficult but, I will refrain from feeding the troll... for now.

Is it possible to just ban him from the thread so we can continue talking about this thing? Doesn't have to be site wide. I'd really just like to see more discussion on these props.

Before this week I had no interest in them. Now, I find them quite fascinating.

The level of repetition is getting bothersome, Mr. Lubliner. I now do not care to ever read the terms ad-hominem or objective truth again. You berating other people's opinion and acquired knowledge of these matters accomplishes nothing, since neither side can prove their points conclusively, which is what will determine it's fate at auction. Heritage has been proven wrong in the past and taken the necessary steps to remedy the buyers. I remember a certain Jurassic artifact Jim Halperin was misled on source, that turned out in the end to be not what he was told, and get reversed. Some of you might remember the LA PROP fiasco that was also corrected. The Heritage COA does mean something, but for the auction house to walk away from this lot, the evidence would have to be pretty conclusive it is wrong - a point neither side is close to achieving, as yet. The bidders will make the final determination and accept the risk that the large sum of money expended could be for naught, but then there is that COA. Of course, to reverse the sale, the claim will have to contain some serious facts proving the piece is not as described. Speculation does not constitute a claim.

In the final analysis, what is said here has very little bearing on the outcome. Past experience has shown that the folks who spend this amount of money are just not here. We have seen this with light sabers and Wizard Of Oz glass balls and so many other 'treasures'. There is no reason for consensus here. We are not the jury litigating a case; there is no reason for anyone to be browbeaten into submission.

I, for one, enjoy the level of expertise and the observation made by our members. As a kind of an outsider in this area, I am very impressed with them.

Well said.

It's difficult but, I will refrain from feeding the troll... for now.

Is it possible to just ban him from the thread so we can continue talking about this thing? Doesn't have to be site wide. I'd really just like to see more discussion on these props.

Before this week I had no interest in them. Now, I find them quite fascinating.

Dude, TOS props are the best! Once you fall the rabbit hole, it proves to go very, very deep.

All of you have a deep rooted fear (as you should) that I may well be correct and the lot of you will be embarrassed by that truth's coming out.
The generalization here is so incredibly absurd it clouds anything of substance you may have been able to add to this discussion. Once again, you have zero clue of the audience and membership here.

Maybe the RPF isn't for you.

Oh I don't know, the poorly misunderstood chap has a certain, je ne sais quoi about him.

Jim Carrey.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back