Alleged Screen Used Hero TOS Phaser up for auction (now the aftermath)

Looks like the good folks at Heritage Auctions are at it again. How can they continue to get away with such sketchy business practices?
Someone is clearly faking things and calling them production pieces, and the people at HA are either not doing the necessary investigating, or they clearly know they are fakes and are complicit in the manufacturing and selling of them.

and...

What do you think? Legit Tribble?
I’ve never seen an original one before this one.

Attachments

• D8413FA1-089A-49A9-9008-28D9FC25851D.png
    D8413FA1-089A-49A9-9008-28D9FC25851D.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
Nice find. Someone should be able to screen match that, if it's claimed to be in that specific episode.

I don't know, after 50 years of mussed up hair, that might be a tall order, especially if all 6 were made from the same fabric. By the way do we see any other walking tribbles other than the one on the bridge rail that Shatner picks up?

Found pictures of 2 other walking tribbles online. None of the three are identical on the bottom, but that could be caused by varying levels of disassembly, or losing parts over time. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to find the original toy.

It’s in surprisingly good shape for its age.
Anyone who’s owned a stuffed animal knows how the hair clumps and gets matted over time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back