All Things Virtual Reality

If/when the price comes down, this has the possibility to revolutionize vehicle based VR games and apps. I'd love to see an arcade, of sorts, with these, sort of like the old Battletech facilities. You could do so much with these with the right programming, a decent sized facility, and modest price per play.

$150 000 for maintenance a year:eek: Yeah...right up my alley NOT!!

I am still bitter about Hitman 3 VR

psvr.jpg

I like VR first person shooters.
With all this attention on developing haptic feedback controllers for gun recoil, frames for shouldered rifles, and omnidirectional treadmills, the one thing nobody seems to be working on that I really, really want is a controller trigger that has a crisp wall and distinct reset. The mushy, vague controller trigger is a huge barrier to immersion. More than a recoiling controller, this mod would take the immersion over the top for anybody who shoots.

I'm thinking maybe a mechanical trigger shoe? You would have to calibrate the shoe the actuation point of the trigger. Then there's the matter of what kind of mechanism would do the trick? Maybe a modified mechanical keyboard switch - e.g. Cherry MX, Gateron, Zeal PC ... with beefier springs. You might not get a 4-5 lb pull but you can definitely get some trigger feedback.

Last edited:
I like VR first person shooters.
With all this attention on developing haptic feedback controllers for gun recoil, frames for shouldered rifles, and omnidirectional treadmills, the one thing nobody seems to be working on that I really, really want is a controller trigger that has a crisp wall and distinct reset. The mushy, vague controller trigger is a huge barrier to immersion. More than a recoiling controller, this mod would take the immersion over the top for anybody who shoots.

I'm thinking maybe a mechanical trigger shoe? You would have to calibrate the shoe the actuation point of the trigger. Then there's the matter of what kind of mechanism would do the trick? Maybe a modified mechanical keyboard switch - e.g. Cherry MX, Gateron, Zeal PC ... with beefier springs. You might not get a 4-5 lb pull but you can definitely get some trigger feedback.
I recall seeing one VR controller that was being design with a trigger that had a bit of a feedback response when pulling it a while ago. I can’t remember which headset it was for.

Also, anyone wanting the Quest 2, you may want to snag them right now. In a little while, Meta’s bumping their price up over $500.

Last edited:
Been some time since I last posted, but Norm at Tested has done a review of Bigscreen Beyond, the headset developed by Bigscreen (known for the video viewing application):

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back