All things Tron Legacy

Soulinertia

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is anyone else as excited for this movie as I am?!?!

This thread is for all Tron Legacy related discussions:

Movie News
Game Reviews
Screen Caps
Website Stuff
Toys/Merch
Costumes
Props
SDCC

Here are the 5 billboard designs:

billboards-1.jpg

Movies site: (TRON | The Official Site)
Viral sites: (FLYNNLIVES.COM)
(Hello Flynn)
Merchandise: (Tron Products)

Last edited:
Re: Official all things Tron Legacy thread

In an announcement that surprised no one, Walt Disney Studios confirmed today that "Tron Legacy" will have a significant presence at this year's Comic-Con International 2010.

Oscar winner Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Michael Sheen and Bruce Boxleitner will join the filmmakers in a Hall H panel that will kick off the con on Thursday, July 21 at 11:15 AM. The studio promises that footage from the December release will be previewed in 3-D as well as some "special surprise guests." It's worth noting, notoriously press-shy Daft Punk have provided an original score for "Legacy."

The annual San Diego pop culture event has already featured "Legacy' twice before, including a surprise screening of a concept test the filmmakers used to convince the studio to greenlight a sequel to the original 1984 film back in July of 2008. In fact, director Joe Kosinski, producers Sean Bailey and Steven Lisbeger have all gone on record that the reaction to the footage at Comic-Con from the fans in attendance sealed the deal.

Last year, Bridges, Hedlund, Wilde, Kosinski and Lisberger hosted a packed panel, but had no new footage to show as the picture was still in production. Additionally, Disney created a wealth of buzz by re-creating the fictional Flynn's Arcade from the franchise with 1980s video games and a secret room which revealed a real-life model of the new lightcycle from the film. You can check out photos of the cycle here.

The studio also announced there will be an interactive "Tron" booth on the convention floor with a sneak peek at merchandise including toys, electronics, collectibles, apparel and the new "Tron: Evolution" video game. Exclusive Comic-Con products are also promised.

"Tron Legacy" opens nationwide and on IMAX Dec. 17, 2010. Look for complete Comic-Con coverage on HitFix beginning next month.
eek3dance.gif

I saw a trailer for Tron Legacy on the big screen today and, I have to say, I was less than impressed. I don't know what I was expecting, exactly, but IMO the visual effects just didn't have that "wow" factor like Tron did back in the day.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing the film; this wasn't the first ineffective trailer I've seen, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Hyper hyped about it, loved Tron 2.0 a lot, so it can be good... Viral campaign is awesome.

Only critic : Dudes, please get the circuitry design back on the costumes, because they don't really feel it's programs with electricity within. That, I think, is an important part of the Tron visual world.

I have a feeling it will go down in flames, not geeked in the least about this sequel.

Hyper hyped about it, loved Tron 2.0 a lot, so it can be good... Viral campaign is awesome.

Only critic : Dudes, please get the circuitry design back on the costumes, because they don't really feel it's programs with electricity within. That, I think, is an important part of the Tron visual world.

What do you mean? Fast and the Furious 6 is going to be awesome!! Look at all of those riced out cars! :lol .....oh wait... :confused this is Tron (?!?!)... :)

I hate to say this but...... doesn't that costume look alot like the "Snake-eyes" costume from GI Joe?

Dang, I was hoping they would make 3 & 3/4" figures like TOMY did back in the day. :(

The lightcycle comes WITH an action figure and is 14.99

The 7 1/2 inch figures are 14.99

I'm guessing those figures will be smaller?

Kinda confusing.

Hmmm, it looks like it's going to be just another CGI orgy.

This is what a Tron video game should look like, The Tomy Tabletop,....

tron_screen.jpg

Tomy-TronJapan.jpg

Also, who can forget the memorizing glow of the Midway arcade version...

tron_12.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back