All the Original Trilogy props in one picture:

Deleted

Sr Member
looked this up on google earth. :)
skywalker_ranch.jpg

Hehehe... cool, although technically speaking there's only about 15% of the OT props in there at the moment.

30% at Art of Star Wars in Paris.... 30% at the exhibition in Singapore..... 20% at the exhibtion in Boston etc. etc. oh, and about 5% in private collections :D

Cheers,
John

Are the Studio Scale models kept here or at ILM?

I am thinking to write and try to get some decent reference pics of the original New Hope Red Five X-wing but not sure where to ask.

The studio scale models are kept there. The larger life sized (remaining) sets and vehicles are stored in a seperate facility about an hour North. They don't have the ANH Red 5 in the archives - believe me, I checked. I remember someone saying that Red 5 was repainted at some point? The ANH Red 3 is still in existance, though.

There's only a few props (about 10) in the main house at the ranch. And as others have said, most of what was in the archives is out on tour. Right now they're expanding the archive building at the ranch. Also, there's quite a bit of stuff over at the Presidio.

Close, but no... most of the work is kept off-site. There's a good deal in Archives, Main House and a number of offices and cubes, but the bulk of it, even accounting for what's kicked out the door for exhibits, is kept elsewhere.

<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ May 13 2006, 06:20 AM) [snapback]1243610[/snapback]</div>
The studio scale models are kept there. The larger life sized (remaining) sets and vehicles are stored in a seperate facility about an hour North. They don't have the ANH Red 5 in the archives - believe me, I checked. I remember someone saying that Red 5 was repainted at some point? The ANH Red 3 is still in existance, though.
[/b]

last pic I saw it was painted as Red Four. They just greyed out the fifth red stripe. All the blast marks and weathering appeared the same.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back