All right, I'm calling it. Best soundtrack ever..

I came in here to tell you that whatever you picked was wrong, but it turns out you may very well be right!

For the time frame ( of the 80's anyways! ), I would say Ladyhawk is better. :)

I mean it had Alan Parson's!!! Recorded in Abby Roads Studio.....Winner to me! Then again I love Prince's "Purple Rain" soundtrack as well!

I came in here to tell you that whatever you picked was wrong, but it turns out you may very well be right!

Over the decades, I keep coming back to it and I haven't gotten bored with it.
I might not even have said it a few years ago since there are nearly equal works and more high profile works of other composers that are heavily celebrated and rightly so, but it's time to call it like it is.

I will not argue with your choice if we're talking instrumentals.
If we're talking contemporary rock, the undisputed champion
of the world, the ayatollah of rock and rolla, the master of
disaster and the king of sting must be the soundtrack from HEAVY
METAL.

I would provide links for you poor beleagured souls, but I
can't do squat from my IPhone. :lol

Ahhh Conan - I pull that one up on the pod at least once a week.

Another Great one is "Rudy" by Jerry Goldsmith. I love the main theme - towards the end theres a quick part where if your listening closely you can hear Jerry sing along a couple notes as he's so wrapped up in conducting - Love that part!

I collect soundtracks. I have hundreds on disc and thousands in digital form.
But I always find myself coming back to Superman by Williams.
For me, it's as close to perfect as it gets. :)

For the time frame ( of the 80's anyways! ), I would say Ladyhawk is better. :)

I mean it had Alan Parson's!!! Recorded in Abby Roads Studio.....Winner to me! Then again I love Prince's "Purple Rain" soundtrack as well!

I would agree that the sound track itself to Ladyhawk is great.

BUT it totally does not fit the movie.

Still great music.

As a guy who loves the imperial march, thinks the tatooine sunset is worthy of getting misty at, and still remembers the original ewok party music, even I gotta go with the Superman score. It's like being 5 again every time I hear it. I'm not necessarily any judge of quality but the scores for Road To Perdition and The Two Towers in particular also really resonate with me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back