All metal Aliens Smartgun

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi there,

I want to show my Aliens M56 Smartgun build.

It‘s completely made from metal and I was able to receive some original parts to do it. The base is a deactivated MG53, which is quite similar to the original used MG42. But it‘s much easier to get and a lot cheaper ;-).

I hat to do some little changes to get closer the MG42.

As always with my builds I want to make a M56 Smartgun replica, not a 100% accurate copy of the screen used prop. So I spent some more detail on the IR-cam and some other parts.

But now let‘s see some pictures :)

I used the original flashhider and reduced the front to match the milled extension. I made this from steel, so I can blue it to blend it into the original muzzle break.

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you.

Let‘s go on.

I cut away the pistol grip and shortened the trigger housing. Then I made the aluminium parts for the trigger housing cover and screwed the cover to it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The deactivated MG53 is still mechanically working. You can cock it and pull the trigger, so I wanted to have a working mechanism for the brake grip at the back of the gun.

I made all the mounting parts from steel and aluminium and connected the brake grip and the trigger with a metal wire. It worked fine, now I can pull the trigger by the brake grip.

Attachments

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Next ist the IR-Cam. I wanted it a little more detailed and that‘s my interpretation of it.

It‘s all made from metal with a small flashlight lens in front.

Attachments

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here I‘ve done the front carrying handle. The base parts are made from steel, the fins are brazed into milled slots. I managed to get the original motorbike part to complete it.

Attachments

joberg

Master Member
There's a few grail outhere: a Blade Runner shooter (real/blank ammo), Alien Smart Gun full metal (shooter or not) and then this!! Not for the faint of heart for sure. You're doing one hell of a job(y)(y)(y)(y)

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you so much, I’m really pleased you like my work.

The shell for the original steel drum mag is made from a plastic MG3 drum magazine by Heckler&Koch. I build the counter housing from styrene sheets and added a static LED display. The housing needs a little improvement, I‘m not really satisfied with it‘s shape yet.

Attachments

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Now some pictures of the build up, including the display stand.

I know, it‘s absolutely not the correct mounting arm, but I really cannot afford the real steadycam arm and had still no opportunity to make a replica, may be some time. But I like this one for displaying the smartgun.

I also made the mount for the anti-aircraft sight. The MG53 is missing this.

Attachments

PAULH

Now some pictures of the build up, including the display stand.

I know, it‘s absolutely not the correct mounting arm, but I really cannot afford the real steadycam arm and had still no opportunity to make a replica, may be some time. But I like this one for displaying the smartgun.

I also made the mount for the anti-aircraft sight. The MG53 is missing this.
That’s an amazing piece of work. It’s stunning !

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you very much. If you‘re interested, also have a look on my Star Wars stuff:

Rufus72

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And now here it is. The completed beauty that took four years of my life :). And it was worth it, I‘m really satisfied with the result. But further improvements cannot be ruled out ;-)

But this long beast is a pain to take photos of...

Attachments